You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Reason Axl Rose not promoting album?

bigbri wrote:
madagas wrote:

1.5 million at 9 a cd is $13,500,000 on a one way which means Geffen doesn't have to take them back.

So this is a one way deal? Azoff is a smart dude. Maybe he knew something many of us didn't.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

James, see my other post, he may be doing another set with different packaging and a different master. Way insane and it has NOTHING to do with who surrounds him. Axl runs the show and Axl makes the decisions. Period.

Hmmm....any chance of the original version of this? Maybe he recognizes the mistake of cut and paste hell and wants the real version of the album out there at some point.

Sky Dog wrote:

I am straight up certain now that Axl cleared all his issues with Geffen/Uni....whatever happens after this is any ones guess. We are currently clueless as to the state of "Gnr" the brand, and it's potential future business endeavors. I still say don't bury Chinese until the New Year.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

He may have to give this one away free on his website, as no one in hell is going to partner with him on a product.  Then Best Buy will probably sue him for breach of their exclusive distribution contract, unless, that is only in place for certain period of time.  BTW, GNR are still under contract with UMG (I am quite sure Azoff renegotiated this contract--apparently with another advance).

Yes, Axl runs the show, in a sense.  I think most are underestimating though the savvy manipulation of him.  Zutat was making progress, about to break through the parasitic malaise, and then the manipulator set him up.  I am sure their are countless other Shakesperian tales of deceit to ensure the parasites still have their host.  Sad state of affairs.  I really feel sorry for guy in a way.  Anyone want to bet who Slash was referring to in 1995 when he wrote Beggars and Hangers on?

Sky Dog wrote:

"You have to wonder if BB will try to leverage their weight to get Jimmy to agree to back out of the one way.
I think there are still 700k on the floor after the 700 shipped.
Not sure how much this helps BB stock price.
Someone has to take the fall and it won't be Axl.

Gould is on sands in the hour glass, though he did nothing wrong. "

" here in the home town of dick schultz, it heavily rumored that the unit cost was a conditional number. either way, arnold is so singed that there will be one less exclusive player shoveling major do-re-mi in the future."

more from the rope

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

Anyone want to bet who Slash was referring to in 1995 when he wrote Beggars and Hangers on?

What Do You Want To Be is a more appropriate i think but beggars works too

one thing about the album is the styles are all over the place...trying to please too many differnet kinds of people

Bright Eyes 2005

Well, one week in, and the wheels are coming off the train at a record pace.  This trainwreck, I have to admit, is highly entertaining.  Looks like Andy Gould is now out--he was basically the manager for frontline, which Azoff heads along with Ticketmaster.  Axl will never leave Azoff.  It would not be so sad, if this cycle were not so predictable.  The only manager to ever stay around is whatshername...

BTW, clean up the posts including monikers, or it will kill this source.  People at UMG must be pissed to the gill, as they are being more forthright in a public forum than ever before.  One of those quoted is the ermmm, way at the top of umg if you catch my drift.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

I still say don't bury Chinese until the New Year.

Oh I agree. We have to see if Better gets off the launch pad before funeral arrangements are made for the album.

However, its not looking good and there's really no way to sugarcoat these sales numbers. It has been rejected by the masses, but that doesn't mean it cant catch on soon.

Next week's sales numbers are going to be a big deciding factor because all the hardcore fans buying multiple copies will not be a factor in sales.

Bright Eyes 2005

UMG (they have abandoned this) and Best Buy are locked in a blame game and possible legal fist fight, while Axl's suing Dr. Pepper, re-mastering an album already released, firing Andy Gould for whatever reason,  and Better landed with no fanfare at all today--didn't hear it on any rock stations i listened to, not even mentioned. 

I'm almost happy--I like Bucket working with Bootsy and Laswell, and Axl working with Izzy better.  Let the funeral procession begin, and then let the flowers begin to grow again, sprouting out above the shallow grave.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Better ain't gonna do shit.

The DJ's in my area hate GNR's fucking guts, they hate Axl, and they refused to play CD most of the time.

I'm sure I could be wrong, but I would be stunned if Better makes a splash. Outside of these forums, nobody gives a fuck.

Board footer