You are not logged in. Please register or login.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Re: Have Herbie and Bucket been silent?

Buckethead returning is the only thing that could re-awaken my interest in this band, especially in a touring sense.

Its incredible that the confidentiality agreements are still there even as the album gets released. Pitman promotes his own album but refuses to talk about GnR, BBF is the only other one doing interviews and they aren't very revealing - no word from Fortus, Dizzy, Stinson or Frank. Finck has been silent since he left, as has Buckethead (he's always silent though), Brain, and Freese. Its amazing the confidentiality has continued even after they left. They should be writing books!! Its not like Axl would sue them he'd look stupid.

I'm sure a lot of people would love to hear from co-producer Caram Constanzo as well but nothing....

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think BH quit after the whole 2002 tour cancellation fiasco went down. I don't think he's that kind of performer & didn't like being a part of all that. Since Axl has a reputation for it, I think he'll never tour with GNR again.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed Snow. There's a better chance of Slash coming back, than Bucket.

Bucket just doesn't fit with Axl's style. At all. In anything, and vice versa.

They basically told Bucket to fill in the zeros in 2006, and he still passed. He just realizes that GN'R is a trainwreck, and he's better served with his current direction. He knew this in 2004, and like you said, probably as early as 2002. There were rumors he wasn't gelling even back during the NA leg of the 2002 tour.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Agreed Snow. There's a better chance of Slash coming back, than Bucket.

It depends on the exact reasons bucket left. According to slash the reason slash left was the going on late, the control issues and the cancelled shows. These are not elements likey to change. If bucket's beef with axl was some kind of argument about a less entrenched behaviour or disagreement then it's possible he'd come back. Then again - Slash clearly always keeps open some potential reunion possibility by never totally trashing axl in the media even when prompted. And the public will push them to do so for the rest of their lives.

Myself i'd just like some kind of statement. As the silence following the release makes the fan base come up with these theories. Like the Slash theory or the Bucket theory. Or a new version of CD comming out. Or a second album drop. This is what we do with idle minds. If you give us nothing we invent stuff, and then if it doesnt happen people feel let down. It would be easier if the band just announced the line up and that a tour would take place late 09 or somthing.

I do wonder if anything is going on though. Like that pitman thing was wierd.

Anyway...I'd love to see bucket back - but - as insane as this sounds - more so for recording - I feel like he was capiable of doing greater things in GNR than we heard. I'm still dreaming of a soothsayer style song with Axl..and it's not there yet. And bucket and bumble in the same band would kick ass. But it's probably not happening huh!

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

pitman thing?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
war wrote:

pitman thing?

Unless I've lost the plot (which is possible!) - some time recently they posted the band line up on the website - pretty much the normal line up you'd expect with Axl, Ron, Richard, Frank, Dizzy, Chris and Tommy. Then they ammended the post to remove Pitman's name. Then a short time after they removed the refrence to the line up at all. Struck me as wierd. I get having no line up refrence as it draws attention that bucket+robin are gone - but why the first ammendment to just remove pitman.....maybe i'm reading too much into things tho!

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i see. probably a mistake. or someone messing with us.

what's curious to me is that the myspace page has those characters of bumblefoot and axl and noone else. bumblefoot also seems to be the gnr spokesperson at the moment.

nothing big obviously but it seems like he is the only one in the band if you look at it like that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It's hard to take anything seriously with that website.

Another complete fucking joke.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
estrangedpaul wrote:

Pitman promotes his own album but refuses to talk about GnR, BBF is the only other one doing interviews and they aren't very revealing - no word from Fortus, Dizzy, Stinson or Frank. Finck has been silent since he left, as has Buckethead (he's always silent though), Brain, and Freese.

Pitman has talked about the album. Not a lot, but he has talked. Ron is working on solo material Brain gave one of the best in depth interviews regarding his recording sessions. As far as Stinson goes, isn't he recording with Soul Asylum? Dizzy is doing the HNB thing. Fortus was touring with Rihanna. No one really cares about Frank. We know Finck aint talking. Buckethead would join a debate team long before Finck ever opens his mouth.

It comes down to bad timing and members either unwilling or unable to drop other things. The only two legit stars in the band are Axl and Stinson. Axl is AWOL of course, and maybe Tommy just doesn't want to drop whatever he is doing.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

who wants to know the real reason nobody is talking? anyone?

its axls show and if axl doesnt talk then the other guys wont either...the only reason why brain talked is prolly cuz he doesnt give a shit anymore

Board footer