You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Self-Hatin' GN'R Fans

Axlin16 wrote:

I've been reading alot of these dying breed people, hanging on to the old "Axl doesn't owe us" shtick all over the community.

They're out there, making posts talking about the same shit they have for years, and even I used to be one of them at one time, 'til it dawned on me (probably around 2006), that I am a paying customer. And no Axl doesn't owe me music, products or money... but he owes me RESPECT.

And that's the one thing that Axl has never done. He expects respect to be given to him, because he's W. Axl Rose, lead singer of Guns N' Roses. He expects his fans to respect him, simply because they are fans.

Not true.

Respect is something you earn, and he's never once attempted to care or earn it on any level.

Then you've got people that sit back, and just lie to themselves like the battered and abused wife, continue to make excuses for the guy, and talk about how he doesn't owe anyone.

Who's truely clueless? Who's truely delusional? Axl or the fans?

When do you reach that point, when you say this guy doesn't respect his fans, and never has, and call a spade a spade?

I love the man as an artist, I love CD, I am happy to have CD, but to expect me or anyone else to jade themselves to this troubling release, or expect me to sit back, over 15 years and talk about how much Axl loves his fans... you've got to be fucking kidding me.

I know this is going to sound gay, but alot of my strong posts over the past week, have been related to the fact that I loved the man so much, and yes at one time - he was a hero (I was a kid)... and after all this shit, all the stuff I took and accepted his disrespect of fans (no info, no shows, disrespect for former members, or in his world, former employees) I pushed to the side, and defended him 'til my throat was sore. I've now officially turned on him. Completely. So that's why the posts seem so venom-filled.

What I don't understand, at this point, is how any of these self-hatin' GN'R fans, continue to sell THEMSELVES short, and accept this abuse. Continue to defend a man, who couldn't care less about them. Why? Just ask yourself that. Why?

We're here for GNR's... MUSIC. But as far as Axl's treatment of his fans, don't ask me to bend at the ankles, smile, and ask for nightcap.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Or maybe some people dont give a crap and realize it's just fucking music.... and live their lives? Who cares how Axl runs his band or life? I used to be annoyed about the saga and now I just let it roll.

There's two extreames, taking everything so seriously that you end up being a huge asskisser like Jarmo, and taking it so seriously that all you can do is complain.

It's just music and people need to relax about it. Complaining is one thing... but this intense almost hate that I feel from some of you guys because "its not going how I wanted!!! Wah Axl is such a fucking dickhead" gets old. Just my 2 cents

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I get that opinion Jack, I do.

But how do people in Vancouver feel? Or St. Louis? Or Philly? Or Montreal? Or all the no-shows over the years? Or insulting shit has been thrown at the fans by the Lebeis Traveling Stooges? Or Del James setlist bullshit?

I love the music, it's just music, I agree, but we're not respected. I'll will defend the quality of CD, and am currently, because it's a good fucking album. But when the diehards go into "Axl doesn't owe you anything"... I just wanna kill.

The success of Guns N' Roses, and one W. Axl Rose, is a mutual partnership between his hard work and his fans support over the years. The same fans that kept his legacy alive when he vanished for 7 years (1994-2001) and the few years down in the new era (2003-2005).

Why do you give money, and continue to support a man who feels he doesn't owe you any explanation, and you had no part in his success?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I find the whole thing pretty amusing. He's pretty much one of the biggest jokes in the music industry at this point, right up there with Michael Jackson. It's hilarious to watch the constant trainwreck that is W. Axl Rose's career...oh wait, he has a career?

pupmpkin
 Rep: 2 

pupmpkin wrote:

The only reason I gave the man my money was because I knew the album would be killer!

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Why do you give money, and continue to support a man who feels he doesn't owe you any explanation, and you had no part in his success?

I don't anymore. People think I'm a dick for downloading the album but whatever. I put in my time and donated more money to the Gn'R(old and new) cause than the average fan so......

Chinese Democracy is the only album I have ever downloaded for my own personal collection.  I buy my music just not this album for reasons I've made crystal clear in the past.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I don't anymore. People think I'm a dick for downloading the album but whatever. I put in my time and donated more money to the Gn'R(old and new) cause than the average fan so......

Chinese Democracy is the only album I have ever downloaded for my own personal collection.  I buy my music just not this album for reasons I've made crystal clear in the past.

You downloading motherfucker! 416

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

You downloading motherfucker! 416

16 You had almost two full years to warm up to the idea and only now you decide to slander me. After 2006 I was NEVER going to buy this. At least now when Axl uses that phrase I can say he's talking about me specifically. Awwww he does care enough to aknowledge  me 16

I agree that Axl doesn't respect the fans,but yet I still think he's one of the best singers ever.I don't pay much attention to his bullshit anymore,if Axl finally decided to show the fans some respect then great,if not oh well there's not much people can really do about it except not buying the music.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think that there are many ways this story could end still....its weird cuz i;ve been one of the most skeptical posters around and even some of you have taken the extreme way beyond what i would have done...is this part of the cd saga fucked up? damn straight...is it beyond repair? no i dont think so...i still say lets at least wait for the new year...or a tour announcement....

first week sales dont mean shit really...its got the rest of forever to catch up 16

and its sold as many or more that other albums whcih have ended up going multi platinum...axl will speak eventually...if not then hey we got the album...i really cant find a thing to compain about right now to be honest...the album is out, the album is good IMO, and there are gnr articles everywhere online...i'm excited to be in a new era for gnr...the post cd era...i shit you not 2 weeks ago i was ready to pack it in....you guys  talk anti climatic now...i was preaching that 2 weeks ago but didnt wanna dampen the mood that everyone had when the AIM leaks were circulating...now that its officially out and i have it in my hands i'm a rejouvenated motherfucker....bring on 09, i'm excited to see where the gnr road leads in the new year 9

Board footer