You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Self-Hatin' GN'R Fans

-D- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I've been reading alot of these dying breed people, hanging on to the old "Axl doesn't owe us" shtick all over the community.

They're out there, making posts talking about the same shit they have for years, and even I used to be one of them at one time, 'til it dawned on me (probably around 2006), that I am a paying customer. And no Axl doesn't owe me music, products or money... but he owes me RESPECT.

And that's the one thing that Axl has never done. He expects respect to be given to him, because he's W. Axl Rose, lead singer of Guns N' Roses. He expects his fans to respect him, simply because they are fans.

Not true.

Respect is something you earn, and he's never once attempted to care or earn it on any level.

Then you've got people that sit back, and just lie to themselves like the battered and abused wife, continue to make excuses for the guy, and talk about how he doesn't owe anyone.

Who's truely clueless? Who's truely delusional? Axl or the fans?

When do you reach that point, when you say this guy doesn't respect his fans, and never has, and call a spade a spade?

I love the man as an artist, I love CD, I am happy to have CD, but to expect me or anyone else to jade themselves to this troubling release, or expect me to sit back, over 15 years and talk about how much Axl loves his fans... you've got to be fucking kidding me.

I know this is going to sound gay, but alot of my strong posts over the past week, have been related to the fact that I loved the man so much, and yes at one time - he was a hero (I was a kid)... and after all this shit, all the stuff I took and accepted his disrespect of fans (no info, no shows, disrespect for former members, or in his world, former employees) I pushed to the side, and defended him 'til my throat was sore. I've now officially turned on him. Completely. So that's why the posts seem so venom-filled.

What I don't understand, at this point, is how any of these self-hatin' GN'R fans, continue to sell THEMSELVES short, and accept this abuse. Continue to defend a man, who couldn't care less about them. Why? Just ask yourself that. Why?

We're here for GNR's... MUSIC. But as far as Axl's treatment of his fans, don't ask me to bend at the ankles, smile, and ask for nightcap.

HAHA

I made a thread at HTGTH about 5 years ago titled "GNR Fans have battered wife syndrome"

and it didnt get deleted back then!

I've said that for years. Its the only sort of band/fan relationship where the fans feel honored to be a fan instead of the way it should be.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

HAHA

I made a thread at HTGTH about 5 years ago titled "GNR Fans have battered wife syndrome"

I've said that for years. Its the only sort of band/fan relationship where the fans feel honored to be a fan instead of the way it should be.

The whole thing is fucking hilarious. As I said, Axl Rose is quite possibly the biggest joke in the music industry. If he's not at the top of the list, he's right there with the likes of Michael Jackson. These are singers who are worshipped by people who don't understand that the musician is supposed to respect the fans in order to receive respect from the fans. It's a pretty simple concept that has been practiced for hundreds of years. But for some reason, these people don't understand such a simple idea.

You want my respect? Earn it. Otherwise, you're a joke when you act like a 10 year old all the time, take 15 years to make a single album, constantly take cheap shots at your "fans," and are so far out of touch with reality that you would likely be declared insane by most psychiatrists.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It also doesn't help, that Axl probably needed to be (and i'm being very serious) committed years ago for observation. He needs help.

It doesn't help when you're batshit insane, and you are surrounded by opportunists that simply hang on to you for money, and whatever warped idea of fame they think they're going to get.

If anything Erin said had an ounce of truth back in the day, the man needed a padded room then.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It also doesn't help, that Axl probably needed to be (and i'm being very serious) committed years ago for observation. He needs help.

It doesn't help when you're batshit insane, and you are surrounded by opportunists that simply hang on to you for money, and whatever warped idea of fame they think they're going to get.

If anything Erin said had an ounce of truth back in the day, the man needed a padded room then.

Batshit insane. I think that's actually a rather conservative estimate on his insanity, as crazy as that might sound. 16

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

HAHA

The whole thing is fucking hilarious. As I said, Axl Rose is quite possibly the biggest joke in the music industry. If he's not at the top of the list, he's right there with the likes of Michael Jackson. These are singers who are worshipped by people who don't understand that the musician is supposed to respect the fans in order to receive respect from the fans. It's a pretty simple concept that has been practiced for hundreds of years. But for some reason, these people don't understand such a simple idea.

Some people just have a screwed up notion as to what a fan is. In their minds being a fan of someone means you have to blindly worship and support them no matter what. To me that's just silly idol worship, but I guess it makes them feel better about themselves.

Axl's a good musician, but being a good musician doesn't make him some sort of demi-god that should be worshipped. He's a flawed human being just like the rest of us. He isn't above criticism.  Writing some good tunes doesn't automatically earn him respect for the rest of his life. Respect is earned through actions and character. I'm sorry to say Axl hasn't earned much in quite some time.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I think Axl is definitely mentally ill, but I don't think he is insane and needs to be committed. He's just really insecure.  Being surrounded by yes men has definitely enabled him to close himself off from the real world and keep him in his own warped reality. It's sad that the people that surround him doesn't realize he hasn't been in a healthy place and needs to be grounded back to reality. Then again he'd probably cut him out of his life if they tried. I really feel for Axl on this issue.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If people lie about him left and right - he's insecure, and untrusting

But if all we've heard over the years is slightly true...

The man is Bi Polar (per his own admission), and probably got Paranoid Personality Disorder, if not a touch of Agoraphobia and maybe even an Anxiety disorder.

bloodyhell81
 Rep: 2 

bloodyhell81 wrote:

the way i look at it, axl makes music for himself. when its releases its up to the public to buy it, unlike the britney spears generation putting out documenterys about thier sad lives, why should he have to anything really. doesnt bother me. all i care about is the music not all the bullshit that people make a big deal about such as him not talking.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I get your points.

However, I am here by choice. In the end, we are sitting on the key. If we don't feel we're being respected, we can simply leave, stop, take a break.

We can make posts about it, complain about it and do anything between here and Jupiter. However, since we are doing things, negative or positibe, we made a choice to stay. And yes, the battered wife syndrome sounds good. Goes well with many people. Being beaten to death and disrespected all the time but still sticking to it and giving a fuck. Even posting.

I haven't been posting this much on a GNR forum since 2003. I just couldn't give a fuck anymore. I never stopped caring or believed the CD would come out, I just stopped putting effort in.

I got my CD and I saw a show in 2006. It's good enough for me.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

And I remember reading that thread.

James, didn't you use that definition later on?

D-Machine wrote:

Those were happier times.

Board footer