You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: NIN imploding? Finck coming back? (NOPE!)

Neemo wrote:

you be the judge..here's the latest update on nin.com

11.25.08: NEW SHIT ON NIN.COM

Forget Twilight or Chinese Geography or 808s and Constipates or whatever else you may be wasting your time on... we've added some kick-ass new features to nin.com that may or may not work properly, so head on in and get busy!

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Seems more a hit on whats "popular" right now. That goth movie Kayne and Axl.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Something tells me Axl and Robin's relationship will make Axl & Slash, look like a little schoolyard disagreement.

I'm starting to think more and more some nasty shit went down.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I get the feeling that Robin saw the way the wind was blowing when Azoff - he of the VH reunion - turned up. And sure enough, now we have these newspapers reporting that "Axl" is trying to get the old band back together. Bullshit - it's Azoff trying to chuck the album out there, draw a line under it and get the old band back.

Pretty much the only people in the new lineup whose place is secure are Dizzy, Pitman and maybe Fortus (assuming Izzy doesn't want to tour or Axl DEMANDS to have three guitarists). I don't like it - it's a shoddy way to treat the people who've pissed away a decade of their careers on Chinese Democracy - but it looks increasingly like it's happening.

Sky Dog wrote:

They didn't piss away any part of their career. They were paid for their work and made more from Gnr than they would have made doing anything else. Robin got a better deal, saw the writing on the wall with Gnr, and left.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

It's definitely a dig at Axl but Reznors been doing it for years and others have said much worse I doubt Axl will be too upset by this one.

elevendayempire wrote:

Pretty much the only people in the new lineup whose place is secure are Dizzy, Pitman and maybe Fortus (assuming Izzy doesn't want to tour or Axl DEMANDS to have three guitarists). I don't like it - it's a shoddy way to treat the people who've pissed away a decade of their careers on Chinese Democracy - but it looks increasingly like it's happening.

Who knows about a reunion, it's a speculation for now and really nothing much more substantial than that, the strongest reunion indicator is that Azoff's in charge and he's the 'reunion' guy so to speak. As for a reunion lineup it dpeneds on if they want to do new material. If they do, I'd suspect we might see Pitman remaining in some capacity. If it's just a big tour there's no real need for Pitman, they did the old songs fine 20 years ago wihtout him. I see no place for Fortus in any kind of reunion environment, if Izzy won't do it (and I suspect he would) then I'm sure Gilby would.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

It's definitely a dig at Axl but Reznors been doing it for years and others have said much worse I doubt Axl will be too upset by this one.

I agree.  It's not that big a deal to me. It a diss, but pretty minor imho. This shouldn't be a big deal. Besides, not all of Trents recent efforts have been masterpieces either.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I get the feeling that Robin saw the way the wind was blowing when Azoff - he of the VH reunion - turned up. And sure enough, now we have these newspapers reporting that "Axl" is trying to get the old band back together. Bullshit - it's Azoff trying to chuck the album out there, draw a line under it and get the old band back.

I would kill for this lineup....

Axl
Slash
Ron
Izzy
Duff
Frank
Dizzy
Chris

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I'm a little surprised this hasn't been discussed much.  This was posted on www.nin.com earlier today.

File this one under lost opportunities.

I'm very proud of the show we've put together for this tour and have been working hard the last few months to find a way to capture it. I had an amazing situation lined up that would have allowed me to film the show in 3D with James Cameron's team for a theatrical release as well as DVD / BluRay, etc. We had an extra date added to the tour that we were going to give away all the tickets for and have a filming party / thank you show.

I made two critical mistakes. One was to approach a certain record company that owns some of the song rights about producing / funding. The second was to allow said company to fuck around as usual for months before saying um... no. We then achieved the impossible by finding alternate production / funding but the timetable is too rushed to get it filmed comfortably with the remaining time left on the tour. This tour and a lot of the personnel involved finish at the end of this leg, so we can't push filming into Jan / Feb.

Deep breath...
This was an amazing tour and production - certainly the best thing I've ever been involved with and likely the final tour for NIN on this scale. Thank you to those who came out to see it and forgive me for having a Kanye West moment, but this was FOR SURE the best show of the year and any bullshit end-of-the-year poll you may read in the next few weeks that says otherwise simply has it wrong. Those of you who saw it know I'm right.

The shows we have announced in 2009 and any more that may be announced will be a completely different approach with some different personnel and will likely be the last for the foreseeable future.

Different personnel?  I know they're getting a new drummer, but if that was the only change, wouldn't that be specified?  Obviously you see where I'm going with this.  If Robin could pull this out I'd have to give him major props.  He "leaves" GNR when things aren't looking too hot, goes and helps revitalize NIN.  If he were to leave NIN and help PUSH GNR forward, that would be something.

Board footer