You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: CD #1 Worldwide

war wrote:

i don't care about america since they have no taste in music and a sale is a sale to uni/gnr and i'm sure they don't care where it comes from either.

sincerely,
an american

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Sales are over-rated!  Really, many albums drop down after the 1st week, and then keep selling 15 to 25K for awhile.  This will be Gold in the U.S. by the end of the year, and be approaching 2 million worldwide.  When you take a step back, and realize this is a glorified Axl solo album, those #'s show there is still much interest

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

the US only matters to those who live in the US 16

the reception even in canada seems alot warmer than you you guys are portraying south of the border

Considering the fact that GN'R are an AMERICAN BAND, the business is located in AMERICA, and their future success banks on their success in AMERICA.

I'd say the U.S. is pretty important.

proud much? roll

Yes, but that's besides the point.

I got sick of this bullshit on HTGTH. People sitting back and going "American sales don't mean anything, American sales don't mean shit".

Bullcrap. Are you kidding me? American sales are THE MOST IMPORTANT for a band like Guns N' Roses.

The Killers? Okay, now that's a band it's not really important.

But for GN'R, it's extremely important.

I don't understand why people under-estimate that FACT.

And to all those "sales don't mean shit" people... sales mean everything to a band like Guns N' Roses, and especially the album Chinese Democracy in their catalog. If GN'R had hit big, and the sales were Use Your Illusion-enormous, people would be sitting back going "look at GN'R. They're back. The sales are the best. To all the haters and naysayers, look at the sales".

So don't give me that "sales don't mean shit" jive.

*Note - the "sales don't mean shit" statement only applies to U.S. sales. If this album does good elsewhere, fan-fucking-tastic. It deserves it, because it's an amazing album

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

Sales are over-rated!  Really, many albums drop down after the 1st week, and then keep selling 15 to 25K for awhile.  This will be Gold in the U.S. by the end of the year, and be approaching 2 million worldwide.  When you take a step back, and realize this is a glorified Axl solo album, those #'s show there is still much interest

This is a GUNS N' ROSES album. Not an Axl album. The record company views it, invests in it, and markets it as such.

It's unfair to turn around, and suddenly call it 'Axl Rose', and say look at the amazing sales. They are using the GN'R name, and for that - it's weak.

war

war wrote:

axlin - not digging dream theatre too much but i'm trying
any specific songs?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Another Day sounds like something Axl would do.

So do some of the ballads on the album "Metropolis Pt.2: Scenes From A Memory".

nugdafied wrote:
war wrote:

i don't care about america since they have no taste in music and a sale is a sale to uni/gnr and i'm sure they don't care where it comes from either.

That's such a naive statement. It very much matters for bands were there albums are selling, especially if they have plans for touring. The American public rejecting this version is a crushing blow for the profitability of GNR. You don't think the record companies care about that?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Exactly nugdafied.

This isn't a 'rah rah, yay U.S.A.' statement. It's a business statement.

GN'R aren't Queen. Queen, being an English band, and having a European fanbase could run around later in their career, have albums bomb in the U.S., and do great elsewhere, and still be considered relevant and popular.

The same does not apply to GN'R. UMG are not going "look how great it's doing in France"... they are fuming how awful it's doing in the U.S.

war

war wrote:

naive? i would say the same about the opposite

america is a small part of the world.

if cd is the top seller in the world you can't do any better - nobody wins em all but cd is fortunate to have won the most.

gnr can tour outside of the us as well

i'm talking business people - i'm pretty sure cd is being sold across the globe, not given away. gnr is doing business and a larger majority of countries, than any other artist, are obliging.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Looks like GN'R will be FORCED to.

The U.S. don't give a shit, and album sales don't prove that, half-full arenas and average-to-poor ticket sales in 2002 & 2006 have proven that. The album doing what it's done in the U.S. is the death knell.

It isn't about the album not being out, it's not about no single... it's about people dont give a shit about GN'R - at least THIS Gn'R.

Board footer