You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: CD #1 Worldwide

Scabbie wrote:

Maybe Axl should move to Europe.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

AC/DC generated a huge wave of excitement in the build up to Black Ice. They were on the front page of multiple magazines on news stands, they gave multiple interviews appearing on radio shows, magazine, tabloid newspapers and TV, they announced a world tour that sold out instantly amid the excitement, they released a new song and video further increasing interest.
Casual music fans who were not particuarly AC/DC fans got caught up in the hype because the AC/DC badge, pictures of Angus and Brian and the Black Ice badge were everywhere. They way their comeback was marketed was flawless, everything about their return genuinally looked very exciting and passionate, it made people happy to see them return and made the public want to be a part of it and share the experience.

Chinese Democracy's launch has been woefull and seems more like an assembly of contrived token gestures.

The only people promoting it are in fact, not. They are promoting their solo albums, and god forbid they actually answer GNR fans with anything more than a vague mumble about a tour in 09.

Chris Pitman:

"Am I a spokesman for Guns N Roses?    No,  i am merely doing promo for my band SexTapes and thats why I am currently doing interviews.  Everything that I say should be considered as both true and false."

What da fuck is that shit?

And people on the boards actualy greet it with "yeaaah man, good ol' chris! Pitman is god!!"

Beaten Wife Syndrome is such a good analogy to describe the GNR fanbase. A huge percentage of them are so servile its almost like an illness. Its on the slide though, more and more people coming around to the realisation that its we who dont owe them a damn thing.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Very good point Olorin. To quote this month's Classic Rock (8/10 review of Chinese Democracy BTW), Axl is the BEST rock star in the world and he could shift a whole load of CDs off the shelves if only he decided to share some of his personality and story with the world.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I have seen a few screenshots of the new Classic Rock article, same old story they have ran for years, but now its complete. It does look pretty good, cant wait to get it.

I heard "Better" on Radio 1 in the uk, its already been edited. They have cut out the middle section and the "I never wanted you to be so full of anger" vocals.
The way its edited makes the song seem repetitive and jumpy. Better is one of the trump cards on the album, but I dont think that radio edit does it justice.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Can radios edit the songs without the artist's permisson?

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Dunno mate.

You can hear it here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00fqkll

About 57 minutes she starts banging on about it, playing old gnr in the backround.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Are you kidding? That's the hardest and most rockin' part of the fuckin' song.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Are you kidding? That's the hardest and most rockin' part of the fuckin' song.

hence, its been cut by a bunch of judgemental fuckheads who think they know what the public wanna hear.  This is Radio1 we are talking about after all.
cue Britney

Board footer