You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Part of me thinks I am supposed to like it, but in the end, I find myself agreeing with them.

Yeah same here,I guess that's because I've been a long time fan like many others,I don't know,but I just can't even listen to the album anymore.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The lameness is overwhelming......  Its so sad.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Aussie wrote:

But if they get back together with the view of writing new music (like a real band) with some of that original chemistry and passion, then that is of much more interest to me.

i agree. I mean a reunion show would be fun. But at the end - how good can it be - if they just play UYI stuff - then that's songs they have played live together hundreds of times when they were 15 years younger. What is special about GNR was that chemestry...hitting the studio and giving us even just an EP worth of new tracks (perhaps with a new GH package) to go with a tour would really be something.

Scarlett
 Rep: 2 

Scarlett wrote:

I haven't heard the album yet and I have to say I'm not surprised by the reports I am reading. Disappointed, yes, but surprised, no.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I'm ticking off the days until Azoff parts company with Mr Rose, there are reports the Andy Gould has already left.

There is no way they were brought in to instigate a reunion, there was a good product to promote and a genuinally anticipated product at that. But Axl spat the dummy over something and has dug his heels and refused to budge. Its the same way he has constantly conducted business his entire adult life. That guys attitude is hardly going to encourage universal/Azoff to burst a gut trying to push the album, not when they reclaimed the money Axl owed them from the Best Buy deal.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, Axl knows how to ruin a good thing. He's a master at it.

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Del knows Slash coming back lowers his position in the pecking order.  Right now, it's all about the hanger-ons trying to protect their position as long as they can.

I totally agree. The old band represnst some sort of normalcy. Axl needs real people in his life again instead of all these fucking yes men and hanger on types. He needs people who will tell him to shut the fuck up.

Slash and Duff really told Axl to shut the fuck up back in the day....so much so that they just blindly gave him the rights to the name. Why didn't they stand up then? Why didn't they tell him to fuck off then? Why didn't they demand he show up on time for the shows? Why... because of money? They wanted to save the band? No, they pussed out-that's why. They were yes men in the end. The only one who ever stood up to Axl was Izzy. Now, that is the guy that needs to be involved more with Axl.

Del and Beta aren't going anywhere.

However, I think the new band is toast now. So, either Slash and Duff get along with Axl's yes men, or there won't be a reunion. Axl holds all the cards to a reunion because the entity is his so they are forced to give in if it is to happen.

As I tried to state before, Axl is the MAIN problem. He is the one who determines everything and who has ultimately fucked this whole thing up. Axl and Axl only. sad

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Slash and Duff aren't the same people they were when they signed the rights over.  Anyway, it seems like they chose to fight over the music rather than the name or who owns it.  To them, that was more important.  I'm not sure they'd still feel that way.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Well if Axl is digging his heels in, and not giving in, he's stupid. Or the hangers on are stupid.

Because either way, without Slash they're finished. Period. And the sooner they figure that out, the better off they're gonna be. All of them.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

To tell the truth, as much as I am a fan of the old line-up(s), I don't see a reunion happening or turning out for good. If Axl can kill his own album then what can we expect when he'd tour with Slash, Duff and Izzy? Granted, on a tour a lot of things turn out differently how Axl wants it. His beef isn't ready in time, or the big egos crash. Sorry, I think Axl is not interested in a reunion and he will not be in the foreseeable future. Neither Slash, as I see it. It'd take months or years of negotiations between the camps and we all know hos often Axl will not appear for whatever reasons. The others would nix it, even if they're into in the beginning. I really don't seem them working together again, the guys are like in a different universe. It'd need a miracle to happen.

supposedly, negotiations were finished in '06 but cetain people got cold feet. if this is true, although additional negotiations would certainly take place due to the different times, i don't think years would be necessary to work out a reunion. if the reports are true, the fact that all sides are admitting that they are interested in the reunion is a big step.

it gives speculative perspective to the merck firing. he said the album would drop without much word (not an exact quote). axl claimed that this was unnacceptable and cited it in his letter announcing his termination. yet, in the end, this type of release is essentially what happened in '08. we all know how little promo the cd received. it's ironic since everyone was up in arms when they heard about merck's release strategy and didn't beleieve anyone would think that was a good idea. well, here we are with an album that isn't bign promoted, and we see it wasn't a good idea. comon sense prevailed. 

perhaps a reunion was meant to piggy back the album release in '06 but things didn't materialize. merck wasn't able to get axl what he wanted out of the deal and so the reunion talks broke down and cd's release, which seemed certain to happen at the time, became a casualty. i find it very possible that axl has taken another crack at it and negotiations have long been underway.  a reunion could very well be just around the corner.

Board footer