You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

DCK wrote:

I agree with Mikkamakka. I doubt it and I still do. 2006 reunion? Doesn't really add up in my mind.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

War makes great points. I don't think the 2006 reunion rumors were true. It is certainly interesting, looking back now, that that bug was in the air then, and a couple years later Weiland comes out and says negotiations fell through at that time.

He could've just gotten and watched the rumors in 2006 on the internet like we did.

I personally don't think it was going to happen. I think the new band was launching a world tour, and it got misconstrued to people, most likely those wanting the original band. I can't remember what festival it was in 2006, but originally it announced that Guns N' Roses were headlining, and when the people in charge were asked, they said they "thought it was the original band that was going to perform".

People just ran with that imo, and that's how the rumor started. It ended up being the new band of course.

But I think now we're under different circumstances, at least the U.S. is. Two underwhelming tours have been performed, and the new band album is a flop. Irving Azoff will demand a reunion. Otherwise he'll be fired, and more likely (just like J-Lo), fire Axl. He's not going to dick around with Axl's delusional dream of a GN'R-Axl solo band. It's finished.

I personally have thought from day one Irving Azoff was brought in to get the negotiations under way for the reunion. Releasing Chinese Democracy was 'the opening act' for the big headline.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Two underwhelming tours have been performed, and the new band album is a flop.

Not true. The 2006 tour was a success. Maybe the sales in USA were poor but over in Europe is was pretty massive.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

--Weiland was talking about 2004, not 2006.

--The 2006 tour was very successful--I am pretty sure it was ranked in the top 10 grossing world tours of 2006.  The 2007 tour, although it had less dates, was even more successful.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The European leg of the 2006 tour was successful. The NA one wasn't. That's the reason the final dates were cancelled. It was selling poorly.

And why would Weiland be talking about 2004? Why would any of those guys be thinking reunion when VR was on the launching pad?

DCK wrote:

Two underwhelming tours have been performed, and the new band album is a flop.

Not true. The 2006 tour was a success. Maybe the sales in USA were poor but over in Europe is was pretty massive.

Axlin08 wrote:

But I think now we're under different circumstances, at least the U.S. is. Two underwhelming tours have been performed, and the new band album is a flop

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

--Weiland was talking about 2004, not 2006.

--The 2006 tour was very successful--I am pretty sure it was ranked in the top 10 grossing world tours of 2006.  The 2007 tour, although it had less dates, was even more successful.

it doesn't even matter but, in fact, backs up my point on how real and posssible a reunion is right now

IF a reunion were to happen it would be cool sure,but I am not sitting around thinking about it at this point,for all we know maybe Axl is planning on retiring and/or retiring the GN'R name.Anyway,BUT if there was a reunion I hope at some point they would write some new music and make an album. cool

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

me too

in a perfect world, axl just dumped all of the songs he is most happy with or are most complete or simply held on to the unreleased songs he thought the good old boys could make their own and are in the studio right now, finishing a new album that they have been working on for some time.

or......... the rumored non-best buy version of cd does exist and is a retooling of cd made by original gnr for original gnr to tour behind.

all pipe dreams, yes

but i dare to dream 21

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Damn I am getting so excited just thinking about it. better stop cause I don't honestly see that shit happening.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I really do think that there was sometihng in the 2006 reunion rumours, although it was about only 1 or 2 shows (Download festival would hzave been one of them). Lars Ulrich was talking about it, Ross Halfin was talking about it, Slash and Duff dropped the lawsuit.

I even remember an article where the author said the papers were ready to be signed, but one of the lawyers noticed a little change: everybody would have signed away all their rights regarding the back catalogue etc. to one person. Guess who. Then Axl came up with the Slash visit press release (two versions!) and it was all over. I guess Axl used the reunion only as a tool to get everything. When he didn't succeed, he tried to dmage slash as much as he can.

I think none of the guys want to sign anything with Axl in the next few years and axl doesn't really want to tam up with anyone, including his old buddies and his new band. Either he'll retire or just take another few years break. Do you remember the summer Baz interview where he mentions asking Axl if the redhead would do a VH1 reality show for 1 million bucks? Axl said he'd play 2 million just to be left alone. Axl lost all his interest in the whole thing months ago. I just want him to be a man and say 'I'm gone for God knows how long. Enjoy the album and blame Canada. Axl'

Board footer