You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

If Axl's going to once again go dark... he needs to just release a box set that contains like 5-6 CD's of all the studio stuff that's finished, demos, cutting room floor stuff, and that AFD rearrangement.

Do it now, while the diehards still care, and will buy it. You go dark for 10 years, you wouldn't be able to give them away for free as paperweights.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Just as well they released this sucka cheaply, and at the busiest shopping period of the year, or else it would have sunk without so much as a ripple!

Some people are saying that sales dont matter, criticism doesnt matter - this album will be remembered in 20 years. I'm sure it will, but its entirely possible it wont be for the reasons they are imagining.

Its about high time one of Axls servants started ringing the alarm bell:

"Iceberg dead ahead!!!"

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Just as well they released this sucka cheaply, and at the busiest shopping period of the year, or else it would have sunk without so much as a ripple!

Some people are saying that sales dont matter, criticism doesnt matter - this album will be remembered in 20 years. I'm sure it will, but its entirely possible it wont be for the reasons they are imagining.

"Iceberg dead ahead!!!"

This album will be remembered in 20 years, but it will be remembered for all the wrong reasons, just like Brian Wilson's Smile. It'll be remembered for being a clusterfuck, a money pit, and not living up to the hype.

Most just aren't going to give this album open mind, and a decent shot. It's the Halloween III of the GN'R catalog.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

axlin08: please bring back previous avatar.

wink

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

"Iceberg dead ahead!!!"

This album will be remembered in 20 years, but it will be remembered for all the wrong reasons, just like Brian Wilson's Smile. It'll be remembered for being a clusterfuck, a money pit, and not living up to the hype.

Most just aren't going to give this album open mind, and a decent shot. It's the Halloween III of the GN'R catalog.

Brain Wilson's Smile will be remembered as a good record. I heard no complaints about that record. I remember it getting good reviews. It was nominated for awards and won a grammy.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

Smile was good, CD, not so much.

Sky Dog wrote:
russtcb wrote:

While we're showing SMiLE some love I'd like to mention that the version of Good Vibrations on that album is far superior to the one on Pet Sounds.

Good Vibrations isn't on Pet Sounds and no it's not!:haha:

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

madagas wrote:
russtcb wrote:

While we're showing SMiLE some love I'd like to mention that the version of Good Vibrations on that album is far superior to the one on Pet Sounds.

Good Vibrations isn't on Pet Sounds and no it's not!:haha:

You beat me to it.  Pet Sounds is one helluva an album.  I have it 180 gram vinyl!!  Needless to say, it's a great listen.  No Good Vibrations though--don't know where that came from..

Regarding CD, I don't give a flip about sales, I enjoy the album--I also like it for what it is, and don't change my mind because joe schmo said it ain't cool or whatever.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer