You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

Sky Dog wrote:

Bright, Smokin is a stereotypical Slash a holic......same bat channel.:/

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

You guys are funny.  Bright Eyes and Madagas, I am objective.  AC/DC is now doing Stadium Tours.  They have been on a SOLD OUT TOUR here in the US over the past few months.  A Tour in which most dates sold out the first day, if not first few hours.  They sold 784,000 in their first week.  Back In Black has sold more albums than Appetite, if AC/DC came out with a Greatest Hits, unlike GNR they would market the hell out of it.  I like CD, and you are right, being a commercial hit doesn't matter to me, but its Bright Eyes that keeps spinning the numbers to show that CD is doing something it really isn't, and that is selling well.  And the expectations were from this very forum, along with HTGTH that this album will be a huge smash, especially coming out on Thanksgiving week.  I even said it would sell awesome.  We were all WRONG!

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Smoking Guns wrote:

You guys are funny.  Bright Eyes and Madagas, I am objective.  AC/DC is now doing Stadium Tours.  They have been on a SOLD OUT TOUR here in the US over the past few months.  A Tour in which most dates sold out the first day, if not first few hours.  They sold 784,000 in their first week.  Back In Black has sold more albums than Appetite, if AC/DC came out with a Greatest Hits, unlike GNR they would market the hell out of it.  I like CD, and you are right, being a commercial hit doesn't matter to me, but its Bright Eyes that keeps spinning the numbers to show that CD is doing something it really isn't, and that is selling well.  And the expectations were from this very forum, along with HTGTH that this album will be a huge smash, especially coming out on Thanksgiving week.  I even said it would sell awesome.  We were all WRONG!

I really don't give a fuck what Wal-Mart, I mean ACDC, is doing--that hunk of garbage is only glorified plastic with some prints on it, that people feel compelled to buy due to Wal Mart's super-duper promotion. Furthermore, when did "marketing the hell out of" something make it cool, or great, or even mean something?  What are you trying to prove, or justify, or qualify with that statement?  It comes across as self-serving, and non-sensical.   Great, ACDC will market the "hell" out of a GH's if they release it.  Cool, radical, incredible, kick ass, woo fucking hoo!!!

Oh, and where have I spun any #'s?  I don't know what you are talking about, and quite frankly, that is a flat out lie.  I have not spun shit, and am not into spinning anything, besides some good vinyl tonight!!   You must be drunk off egg nog.  17

BTW, you may think you are objective, but I hate to break it to you, being rational is a prerequisite to being "objective", as is the ability to cognitively process information.  Tell me, whose catalog sold more last year in the U.S. according to Billboard's year end chart found in the link below?  Who is spinning #'s genius?

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/yearend/ … op+Artists

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes, GNR's "Prior" releases sold more.  If you include CD and Black Ice, AC/DC sold more.  And in AC/DC's prior releases, there is no "golden egg" called a "greatest hits" which is usually an artists biggest seller to new fans or even old fans because its the biggest bang for the buck.  So sales of both bands current works gets thrown out the window by you?  How does selling a lot of Appetite (1987 release) and Greatest Hits (Release in 2004 with material from 87-94) mean anything about current day GNR?  It doesn't, but CD does matter, that is the telling story.  CD isn't helping the sales of Appetite and GH as much as Appetite and GH are helping sales of CD. 

So again, tell me how catalog sales of a former band is relevant today of an entirely different band but with the same name?  Its not.  Fucking Elvis is dead, Michael Jackson is in hiding, and they still sold a shit ton of catalog, does that mean a new MJ album would sell great?  Fuck no.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

What a  fucking joke! People feeling compelled to buy an AC/DC album becasue of Wal-Mart.  This discusion is ridiculous.  An AC/DC greatest hits would kill in sales with or without promo.  I know alot of people who bought Black Ice and do in fact really like that glorified piece of plastic with some prints on it.  I know of only one fucking person who bought Chinese Democracy and he had very little to say about it when I asked him what he thought. "Meh it's o.k. but not as good as the old stuff" is the standard response.  Oh and in Canada you can buy these albums anywhere you damn well feel like. No exclusive Best Buy or Wal-Mart stuff going on here so explain to me why AC/DC sells better in Canada? Cause of a Wal-Mart promotional campaigne? Gimme a fucking break.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:

Oh and in Canada you can buy these albums anywhere you damn well feel like. No exclusive Best Buy or Wal-Mart stuff going on here so explain to me why AC/DC sells better in Canada? Cause of a Wal-Mart promotional campaigne? Gimme a fucking break.

no cuz canadians area a bunch of hick alcoholics....and AC/DC appeals to that crowd 16

Sky Dog wrote:

Smoking Guns, listen here, I don't give two shits about AC/DC, and I am sick of the fucking comparison. All I did was post links to show that Gnr's back catalog is selling very strong. No comparisons were made to anything and YOUR ass started making comparisons to Chinese and AC/DC. You are a complete Slash knuckle dragging ball swinger.....we all know that. You have made your point. Chinese has tanked so far from a commercial standpoint in the US. Facts are facts. Now go home, cue up some Snakepit, grab a bottle of Jack and get hammered.:peace: Merry fucking xmas!:thumbup:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I thought the mother canuckers liked Rush?

Sky Dog wrote:

Nothing wrong with throwing down some Working Man every now and then!

Sky Dog wrote:
axlcrazy wrote:
madagas wrote:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/yearend/ … op+Artists

looks like Gnr was the fourth best selling artist (catalog sales/afd-greatest hits) for 2008. Pretty damn good.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/yearend/ … end+Albums

greatest hits was the third best selling catalog album of the year. 5

How's Better doin on the charts?

Better now enters the HOT MAINSTREAM ROCK TRACKS AT #20 and Chinese falls to #16. Again, just facts, no need to compare them to AC/DC! 16

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/c … &g=Singles

Board footer