You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

D... where the fuck you been??!?!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

D... where the fuck you been??!?!

Went out of town for a week for Christmas. Also, I just have been trying to keep quiet and not really be negative. I am trying the whole, if I don't have anything good to say approach but fuck it.

Sometimes I feel message forums are bad for your health u know? GNR are the only one of my favorite bands that I post on message forums about and they seem to be the only one that I am negative or get upset about.

is that due to message forums? or is it because it is the only one of my favorite bands that give u reason to be negative?

I'm just trying to be over the whole GNR thing and just take it for what it is. I let people over at another forum totally rob me of my joy for this band over the years. The bullshit censor and deletion shit, the over the top love fest and ass kissing and excuse making over every single thing. It just kind of digs at u.

The bono/Faldor thing got me to thinking and It made me feel bad because Faldor hit it on the head. I am guilty myself at times of almost hoping New GNR and VR fail so I can possibly get a reunion, I don't want the new band to be better than the old band and I feel guilty almost being happy that CD is flopping so I can look at all the people who censor and bash u for having an objective opinion, all those who tried to act like Robin Finck was better than Slash etc.

I can take the numbers and be like "FUCK U" u are wrong, I was right BUT as Faldor said, I have to almost cheer for failure for one of my favorite bands to be right and that isn't how a fan should be.

I wasn't always negative and like this until all the bullshit started happening on GNR forums over the years. all the people who claimed Axl was GNR and the old band were lucky to have been in a band with him etc etc and how the new guys are superior to them before even releasing one fucking note. it just wore me down over the years.

I tried listening to CD on my way home from out of state and to be honest, I found myself skipping every other song and ended up listening to Scraped, Sorry, Catcher and Madagascar and that was it.

I feel bad for building this moment up in my head over all this time. I had this mythical comeback envisioned all these years and the VMA's, FUCK everything was so set up and just the constant bullshit and balldropping over the years has just left me deflated.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

Let me throw my hat in the ring on this

CD doesn't "SUCK" but it isn't very commercial or listener friendly if you get what I mean.

There isn't any songs on CD that u can point to and say "YES THIS WILL KNOCK THEM DEAD"

every song is sort of the same theme and just not very radio friendly type stuff. That doesn't mean it sucks or isn't great but when u listen to WTTJ, SCOM, NR, PC, U can hear it and say "FUCK YEAH, that is gonna make my friend John who isn't a GNR fan listen.

The songs are self indulgent, not very broad and aren't easily appreciated by the masses of regular people.

That is why it hasn't sold not to mention the complete fuck up of the release and the worst possible first single choice known to man.

Singles sell albums, people love music they can relate to their life. I always loved GNR and other bands cause it's like they wrote the soundtrack to my life.

Who the fuck can relate to CD? U know? It has a basic riff, no hooks and just isn't relatable. people can't put their hearts around it.

that is what sells albums.

I want the original GNR and I no longer care who gives me shit or talks shit about me for saying so.

we've heard VR, we've now heard Axl and it's fairly obvious that neither is nowhere near the top level without one another.

Agreed. Even with lack of promo, Best Buy etc. all could have been overcome by a hit single. SINGLES SELL RECORDS. Just look at Kid Rock's record. It blew up after like a year on the charts. Not because of a sudden jump in promo, but 1 hit single & BAM! meteoric success. GNR had the world's attention for just a minute when they released Chinese Democracy & they blew it.:headbang:

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

Let me throw my hat in the ring on this

CD doesn't "SUCK" but it isn't very commercial or listener friendly if you get what I mean.

There isn't any songs on CD that u can point to and say "YES THIS WILL KNOCK THEM DEAD"
every song is sort of the same theme and just not very radio friendly type stuff. That doesn't mean it sucks or isn't great but when u listen to WTTJ, SCOM, NR, PC, U can hear it and say "FUCK YEAH, that is gonna make my friend John who isn't a GNR fan listen.

The songs are self indulgent, not very broad and aren't easily appreciated by the masses of regular people.

That is why it hasn't sold not to mention the complete fuck up of the release and the worst possible first single choice known to man.

Singles sell albums, people love music they can relate to their life. I always loved GNR and other bands cause it's like they wrote the soundtrack to my life.

Who the fuck can relate to CD? U know? It has a basic riff, no hooks and just isn't relatable. people can't put their hearts around it.

that is what sells albums.

I want the original GNR and I no longer care who gives me shit or talks shit about me for saying so.

we've heard VR, we've now heard Axl and it's fairly obvious that neither is nowhere near the top level without one another.

besides TWAT

-D-

-D- wrote:

I dont know about TWAT. I try to listen objectively like my brother would to these songs. U know, somebody who doesn't give a shit about GNR. I listen to CD's and try to find the songs that people who aren't fans would hear and love.

TWAT has really bad lyrics. Cringe worthy shit in my opinion and I really can't see very many relating to it on a massive scale.

U take November Rain for a second. just the intro alone lets u know that u are in for something epic. once the vocals start and the lyrics start, U can instantly tell that THIS will be something even my mother would love and that is essentially what makes things mega successful. Having that lightning in the bottle song that people ages 10 to 60 can like.

U take even Fall To Pieces by Velvet Revolver. We can argue this day and night but it is way more "Radio Friendly" than any song on CD. Not saying it is better mind u, but the music, lyrics, melodies etc are tailor made for radio, kind of like Buckcherry's "Sorry" song. 

With GNR though, u have too many songs like CD and Rhiad and the Bedouins. I like Rhiad but let's be real, what the hell is that even about?

A huge thing that really lacks on this album is the arrangements and guitar riffs.

IRS for me is just a jumbled mess and even a song like "Prostitute" if you listen to the great GNR ballads, u hear a lot of changes. Take November Rain as our example or even Estranged.

the songs are truly epic as in they change musically, tempo, melody and style even.

Estranged is like 3 different songs but it all WORKS.  November Rain u got the kick ass intro, the very relatable lyrics etc, the out of this world guitar solos.  THEN u got the axl piano breakdown part with the orchestra and the heavy guitars that come in for a devastating outro that just pushes that stake deep into your heart.

On CD, rarely do those moments take place. Prostitute is like one HUGE verse almost the entire song, This I Love doesn't have that staying power cause its kind of the same thing from start to end and a really bad solo that is like a dentist drill..........

CD has it's moments, but there aren't any songs for me that just grab u from start to finish. Catcher did until all that added stuff that just ruined the song.

I just woke up and I am rambling a bit................

Sky Dog wrote:

I disagree with almost everything you said....

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Me too.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, same here.

fwiw - There's plenty of cringe worthy shit on the old albums.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Certainly, but I am not talking about the old albums, i am talking about this one.

One thing is for sure though, I am definitely not a hater or just someone who bitches to bitch. I have tried with everything in me to listen over and over and over in hopes of something clicking but it just hasn't.

It isn't because the music is "Too Complex" *my favorite excuse* or what have u, I just think it sounds very manufactured, very robotic, very tight and the music just doesn't breathe. too much studio magic etc etc.

sometimes I just want to hear a kick ass guitar solo without 2 billion effects on it.

The VR and GNR thing is perfectly easy to see

VR, dirty bluesy riff rockers could use a bit more focus a la Axl

GNR  too many ballads not enough balls which the old band lends

I guess the thing with CD is, it is almost like Axl forgets he is Axl Rose. I don't want Axl to be Elton John or Freddie Mercury or Rob Zombie or Trent Reznor

He is Axl Rose.......... U know? does that make any sense? 

its my whole who is GNR argument cause for me, VR sound more GNR than GNR.

I guess as fans though, we sometimes care a little too much when in reality it doesn't affect us at all.

I just see so many other artists giving a shit and doing great things with their fame etc and u have Axl who just doesn't do anything.

my other fave band Bon Jovi for instance, top tour of 2008, Jon won the Philanthropy award for all his charity work etc etc

GNR should be a HUGE metallica/Bon Jovi/U2 type band but instead they are more on the level of bands of yester year.

People are really excited that CD was the 33rd best selling album? This is GNR for fuck's sake, being happy going gold is ludicrous.

Board footer