You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

just about every hates the vocals on Street & World, Catcher is too 70's, Riad is too different, Sorry is too mellow, IRS is too weak, Madagascar is too 90's, and This I Love suffers from Catcher-syndrome.

i disagree with most of your assessments 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

As songs or as radio-ready songs?

As songs, I love the entire album...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think catcher, sod, maddy & irs could all get radio play to be perfectly honest...

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

just about every hates the vocals on Street & World, Catcher is too 70's, Riad is too different, Sorry is too mellow, IRS is too weak, Madagascar is too 90's, and This I Love suffers from Catcher-syndrome.

me too

Compared to the rest of the album - TIL, sorry, and Street of Dreams get the most attention on places like youtube and the most positive comments.
the only people i hear complaining about the vocals are the people on gnr forums.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

You could argue November Rain isn't single-worthy too. Too long, too many changed and radio stations cut it off before the outro begins.

This I Love and Sorry can make it as singles.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Radio seems to disagree with your assessments too, at least the station I most listen to.  I just got home from work and heard "Shackler's Revenge" on Sirius Octane, I've heard it a couple times on there and I only listen to that station about an hour a day or so.  I spend most of my time listening to the Howard Stern Show, which is 6 hours long minus the commercials so that takes up most of my radio listening time, not to mention the time I have to carve out to listen the Chinese Democracy, not much time left to listen to other radio stations.  Anyhow, I've also heard "There Was A Time" on there and "Sorry".  And of course they still play "Chinese Democracy" and "Better" regulary.  I've heard they've played "I.R.S." and "Scraped" as well but I've yet to hear them on there myself.  So they're spinning the two singles regularly on there and 3 other songs from time to time.  Obviously they think they have some potential.

And I've also never understood how TWAT can be considered a ballad.  It's surely not in the same mold as a "Home Sweet Home", "I Remember You", "Every Rose Has Its Thorn", or "November Rain".

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

The hardest thing to do is to try and step back from being a fan to being an outside listener

when I listen, I try to hear a song and think "WOW, my brother, my best friend, my whoever would love that.

on CD............. the only songs I hear that fit that mold honestly are Better *which I hate* but I can be objective and hear the single quality in it, and "Sorry"

the rest... no

This would've been an amazing album in the mid 70's late 70's early 80's back before music became single driven. Cause the album from start to finish is a great trip there just really isn't a single piece that really catches lightning in a bottle and appeals to the masses.

Sky Dog wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

The hardest thing to do is to try and step back from being a fan to being an outside listener

when I listen, I try to hear a song and think "WOW, my brother, my best friend, my whoever would love that.

on CD............. the only songs I hear that fit that mold honestly are Better *which I hate* but I can be objective and hear the single quality in it, and "Sorry"

the rest... no

This would've been an amazing album in the mid 70's late 70's early 80's back before music became single driven. Cause the album from start to finish is a great trip there just really isn't a single piece that really catches lightning in a bottle and appeals to the masses.

you are bodering on no credibility at all.......Bon Jovi, your two faced posts here vs HTGTH-you kiss quite a lot of ass over there still. For a Southern Boy, I expect a little more. Buzz stays consistent, you are like a waffle. Seriously, choose a side and stick to it. It is obvious you don't like the new album or the new band, just come out and scream it...THERAPY.:nervous:

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Okay guys, you're right. CD is a massive hit, and all the songs are massive radio hits, and i'm wrong.

roll

Pass that peace pipe while your at it, I need a bong hit. 11

Board footer