You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

polluxlm wrote:

Yeah, and Slither and FTP had videos and promotion. Can't be compared. CD is doing quite well on the lists considering.

I'm not saying what VR put out is crap, I just don't think the sales are reason to suggest it's better musically than CD. Music is subjective, so the only debate you can have is the one of what the majority thinks. So which majority? I don't think raw sales applies to that. Joe Burger's opinion got little to do with what we nuts are doing on these boards on a daily basis. He would be like the Sarah Palin to Albert Einstein when it comes to GN'R.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I'm not saying what VR put out is crap,

umm, yeah you did.. they carried the gnr name remember and you havent said a nice thing so far about Vr.
make your mind up

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
mickronson wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I'm not saying what VR put out is crap,

umm, yeah you did.. they carried the gnr name remember and you havent said a nice thing so far about Vr.
make your mind up

No I didn't, and there's no need for this animosity. I can go posts without saying a good thing about GN'R too. Got nothing to with my overall opinion on a band. I have made my mind up, it's just not as black and white as you want it to be.

mickronson

mickronson wrote:

Go read back on your posts.. calling something "irrelevant" and "but what Slash and Duff has put out post GN'R is a fuckin' tragedy."
lol, come on dude

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I'm not even a VR fan, but I still think its unfair to say that those guys are inferior to Axl and Axl=GNR because they made a couple of albums that are not as accomplished as Chinese Democracy. The main reason I think that is basically those albums were knocked out in next to no time at all. People can choose to dismiss the facts if they like when reviewing the album on its own merits, thats entirely fair. But when you start comparing CD to other albums I think all factors have to be considered, like time, money and contributers.

Personally I think the last Isis album, "In The Absence of Truth" is far better than CD or any of VR's albums.
They are small band who truly make music just for the pleasure.

Actually the thought just struck me that very few of the songs on Chinese Democracy sound like they were created from a labour of love.
Some songs seem like square pegs that have been beaten into a round hole. If that makes sense 11

mickronson

mickronson wrote:

but , you arent an axlite, so it does

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

I'm no fan, you got that right, but there are a couple of good tunes. I don't think it's all crap, but as a whole I could very well consider it a tragedy in terms of potential and effort.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I dont even know why the argument should be restricted to VR...there are 2 snakepit albums, and how many duff albums + the 2 contraband albums....if you pull all the best tracks from all their combined albums and put the top 14 up against CD i'm sure it'd be a hell of a match....one thing is for sure CD is a very sad and ballady sort of album...where the stuff from Slash is alot more rocking, i toook the CD vs CB test that D had suggested and its amazing how in your face CB is compared to cd balls out rock from VR

as to who is better than the other...i'm a big fan of both Axl and Slash and on any given day i'll listen to one or the other, but my tastes tend to lie with more rocking tunes....those who like gnr cuz of the Piano songs just got a whole lot more to listen to thats for sure 16

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Neemo wrote:

I dont even know why the argument should be restricted to VR...there are 2 snakepit albums, and how many duff albums + the 2 contraband albums....if you pull all the best tracks from all their combined albums and put the top 14 up against CD i'm sure it'd be a hell of a match....one thing is for sure CD is a very sad and ballady sort of album...where the stuff from Slash is alot more rocking, i toook the CD vs CB test that D had suggested and its amazing how in your face CB is compared to cd balls out rock from VR

Really? I can only think of three or four tracks from those albums which I want to hear on a semi regular basis. To put it in perspective, I think IRS is better than an rocker VR ever put together.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Nothing the former members have done comes close in quality to CD.

VR is a big pile of turd, compared to new GN'R imo.

Board footer