You are not logged in. Please register or login.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Re: The Album is Kickass and I want a tour please!

Robin was all over the stage in that 06 tour.

Thal is a good player but he sparks no interest from me. I doubt he can carry the mantle as the 'other guy' on stage with Axl. Bucket and Robin, on the other hand, have amazing stage presence.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I really don't get why people assume Ron could just take all of Robin's parts and everything would be fine. Robin deserves more respect than he's given, just because he doesn't care if Sweet Child sounds the way Slash played it doesn't mean anyone could just play all his solos on CD material without difficulty.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Robin - great stage presence, average ability
Ron - great ability, average stage presence
Bucket - both

If the new band is going to continue, they desperately need Bucket.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Without another album, I do not want another CD tour.  Sorry been there done that.

Because you've heard a grand total of 5 new songs played live?  Unless you got to hear Riad, Silkworms, or TWAT, which I highly doubt.  So they could play 9 "new" songs, but that's not good enough?  You've been there, done that?

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
faldor wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Without another album, I do not want another CD tour.  Sorry been there done that.

Because you've heard a grand total of 5 new songs played live?  Unless you got to hear Riad, Silkworms, or TWAT, which I highly doubt.  So they could play 9 "new" songs, but that's not good enough?  You've
been there, done that?

Trust me.  If they do yet another CD world tour, they won't play more than 5 new old songs anyways.  The rest will be from AFD and UYI.  So yeah I'll stick to my been there don that.  Silkworms they won't play cause it's NOT even on CD.  Riad live I can live without.  So the only song you named that would be worth it is TWAT which is not worth the tix prices, the 6 hours drive, gas, hotels, food for just one new song.  Meh!  But if they would release a new album full of new material by summer.  Then it could be worth it.

Edit: Plus this time I'd have to count the huge money it would cost me to get a babysitter for my daughter.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I really don't get why people assume Ron could just take all of Robin's parts and everything would be fine. Robin deserves more respect than he's given, just because he doesn't care if Sweet Child sounds the way Slash played it doesn't mean anyone could just play all his solos on CD material without difficulty.

I feel that if if GNR can do the AFD heavy tours they have done with Robin playing Slash's parts, and I might add - playing them substantially different (better or worse than slash is down to prefrence) then I don't see why they couldn't do a CD heavy tour with someone else playing Robins parts. In theory.

I'm not bagging robin...but he isn't irreplacable. He plays a few nice solos on CD and has some stage presence...but those are things that could be replaced. As much as he doesnt seem to get a good rep around these parts - I feel Bumble has brought a lot more distinctive parts to the record - the "feel" of the CD rhythm parts, the solos on Shacklers and Riad...in terms of being able to reproduce the CD exactly...i'd notice bumble gone more than robin at this point.

Bucket back with Bumble would be incrediable just for the pure fire power...and i'd feel the same if any 'known' player like that joined like John 5 or Satch or someone too - just as I respect that much talent in one band...but I still feel that a tour with Axl, Bumble and whoever else isn't any less marketable than what they've been doing since bucket left.

I know they've done three tours already....but it would be different with the album out I think.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I feel that if if GNR can do the AFD heavy tours they have done with Robin playing Slash's parts, and I might add - playing them substantially different (better or worse than slash is down to prefrence) then I don't see why they couldn't do a CD heavy tour with someone else playing Robins parts. In theory.

I'm not bagging robin...but he isn't irreplacable. He plays a few nice solos on CD and has some stage presence...but those are things that could be replaced. As much as he doesnt seem to get a good rep around these parts - I feel Bumble has brought a lot more distinctive parts to the record - the "feel" of the CD rhythm parts, the solos on Shacklers and Riad...in terms of being able to reproduce the CD exactly...i'd notice bumble gone more than robin at this point.

Bucket back with Bumble would be incrediable just for the pure fire power...and i'd feel the same if any 'known' player like that joined like John 5 or Satch or someone too - just as I respect that much talent in one band...but I still feel that a tour with Axl, Bumble and whoever else isn't any less marketable than what they've been doing since bucket left.

I know they've done three tours already....but it would be different with the album out I think.

They wouldn't sell more tix even with CD out.  The arena's would still be half empty.    The only way that  CD tour would be more successful is if Axl would have a hit song from the album or Azoff would have to pull a magic trick.  And even Azoff can't pull this out without a reunion.  Now if another album would be released and would be well received and would have a hit on it, then it's a different ball game.  The album was poorly promoted and because of that another CD world tour would fail.  Cause let's face it.  People have seen that tour more than once.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I guess it depends where. they played 2 shows in my city and I know at least one was sold out. I'm not saying your wrong...i just don't know. I mean i've seen a lot of bands multiple times...doesn't mean i'd never go again. And while they did the CD tour - it wasn't exactly full of CD tracks....a new tour could keep the obvious hits (NR, Jungle etc) but add in a good amount of new bands stuff without the issues of bootlegging and stuff that they may have previously worried about.

I'm not saying it would destroy in sales or anything...but I mean there's still a market of people who want to see GNR in any form and Axl I think. Might have to be smaller shows than in the olden days....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Robin has NEVER played anything better than Slash.

Now Bucket, that's a different story.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Bucket plays differently to slash, as a musican I don't see either style as better inherently. There's a lot of different elements to what is best for a song and I love both players for different reasons.

But yeah, I think we're agreed that...the band has previously replaced both Bucket and Slash - two of our generations most notorious guitar talents - so I feel the loss of Robin shouldn't be insurmountable for the survival of the band.

Board footer