You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Irving Azoff: "No Reunion Planned"

faldor wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Von Solo wrote:

[i]In the future, we hope that if media have any questions concerning GN'R, they'd at least check their facts before running inaccurate stories for their own benefit."

I'm curious - how can anybody ever do any fact checking when no one from the GNR camp will ever fucking talk????

I've got a question then Azoff - is Robin Finck in the band??  Where would you like me to go to fact check that???

If they aren't gonna talk or do interviews etc, then they have to expect that the media and fans etc are gonna speculate then in the abscence of any reliable info.  FACT!

There are a number of people they could've checked with before running with the reunion story.  Obviously Axl's not the easiest guy to get in touch with, but he's not the only one.  You could ask Slash or Duff, they like to talk.  Or better yet, contact GNR management.  I'm not saying YOU, Aussie, but the media.  I would imagine they'd have the means to do so. 

I never bought into the reunion talk, so this solidifies things for me.  I truly believe the "new" band will be back in action sooner or later.  Most likely later.  We should be used to waiting by now.  Not sure why so many people have the attitude that we demand things NOW!  This is GNR people, when have we ever gotten up to the second information?  That's right, NEVER.  Where's Sebastian Bach when you need him?

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

I think this is more of a shot at The Sun (tabloid), than anything else.  I am sure Azoff hates them, as they trash any celebrity, many of which he manages.  This is meaningless, and is really just semantics--like Obama denying Hillary was going to be Sec. of State for a few weeks "I have not discussed this with Ms. Clinton", when he was telling the truth, as his people had talked to her, but not him directly.  Same thing here--there could be communications going on, that started today, but weren't yesterday, etc.  Really who knows!!.  Another thing, with Azoff---he is shrewd.  Remember how he leaked the Wal-Mart vs. Best Buy piece, to get Best Buy to sign the exclusive.  This maybe the same thing, he wants promoters to ante up more cash for the reunion.  There is more than meets the eye with Non-Denial, Denials--they are issued for a reason, at a reasoned time.

Oh wow, reading his statement again, I am now convinced there in fact is something going on.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah right...

Irving Azoff signed up to be GNR's manager for this shitty release campaign for CD, and a total flop of an album.

Now Irving goes to the media talking about 'former' Guns N' Roses members, when CD, an album by a roster of 'new' GN'R members was released less than a month ago.

I'm more convinced it's happening now.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
faldor wrote:

You could ask Slash or Duff, they like to talk.  Or better yet, contact GNR management.

And Slash and Duff have both said numerous times thata reunion isnt happening...in this case they DID talk to gnr management and they also said no....but maybe everyone is lying

Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

Oh wow, reading his statement again, I am now convinced there in fact is something going on.

really? not you too...read it again....seems to be a pretty straight forward answer to me? hmm

Irving Azoff wrote:

"There are no plans of a reunion, nor have there been any discussions of a reunion, with former GUNS N' ROSES band members. In the future, we hope that if media have any questions concerning GN'R, they'd at least check their facts before running inaccurate stories for their own benefit."

Bright Eyes 2005

Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah right...

Irving Azoff signed up to be GNR's manager for this shitty release campaign for CD, and a total flop of an album.

Now Irving goes to the media talking about 'former' Guns N' Roses members, when CD, an album by a roster of 'new' GN'R members was released less than a month ago.

I'm more convinced it's happening now.

Exactly--I think he's just saying "we'll tell you what is going on when and where we are ready, on our terms not the Sun's".  They want to roll this out, and don't want "leaks" of the news--as they have to legally work through some of the current members contracts, "if", a big "if" this was going to happen.  On the other hand, if Axl tours with a new incarnation, I hope they are wise enough to do intimate theater shows in the U.S., instead of Hockey Rinks.

BTW, Neemo, that is the pure vague, manager speak.  He could be saying all kinds of things--for instance, he could mean that only "Gilby, Finck, Buckethead, and Matt" are officially "former bandmembers", etc.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

I think it is safe to assume that absolutely nothing is happening right now.....literally nothing.:|

I agree.Even if both sides have made some sort of contact since VR's implosion, it doesn't necessarily mean we are close to it happening. Azoff could be in this for the long haul, and if he looked at Axl's track record before signing up, he must know there's a bit of waiting involved.

We're probably entering another silent era. Hopefully it doesn't last as long as the prior ones.

Azoff had no reason to bury this. It was pretty much the only story getting any positive attention and keeping the name out there. A reunion isn't happening right now.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

They want to roll this out, and don't want "leaks" of the news

hopeless 16

gnr fans really do set themselves p for disappointment...suckers for punishment

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Why would Irving Azoff add an old tired hat like GN'R to his stable of bands, if they're just gonna be dormant, or release flop Axl solo albums?

Come on, this guy is a heavyweight, he doesn't need the GN'R name. He's got bigger clients. He's also not in it for the 'long haul'. Azoff is a business man. He's not going to sit around for a decade 'til Axl decides to have a reunion.

Azoff is only on board for the reunion. I've said this from the get. If a reunion truely isn't happening on any level, no discussions, no exceptions, etc.... then it's only a matter of WEEKS before Azoff FIRES Axl just like he did J-Lo.

He's a busy man.

Bright Eyes 2005

Neemo wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

They want to roll this out, and don't want "leaks" of the news

hopeless 16

gnr fans really do set themselves p for disappointment...suckers for punishment

Nice edit to take that out of context.  You forgot the "if" part.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I don't get where the reunion talk comes from. They say it's "his only option left". Hell, if Axl was sensible we wouldn't be sitting here the way we are. Axl going away for another couple of years is the most likely option. Usually what he does after failures.

Board footer