You are not logged in. Please register or login.

warriorpriestess
 Rep: 5 

Re: Digging into the mixes on Chinese Democracy...

so me and a good friend have been talking some about stuff in the mix of the new tracks - things weren't immediately noticed upon first listen but during later enjoyment of said tunes.

here's one:

in 'Sorry' under the line "the truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree" there is a whistle that echoes the melody.

???

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

and you can hear sebastian for a second near the end of sorry. smile

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

The volume of the vocals and guitars are increased in the outro of Catcher, ruining my enjoyment of the drumming sad

They used genuine french horns for the album version of Maddy, this means the driving synthesizer horn rhythm we are used to on the live versions, is much softer and not as dominant on the album version.

I find them very beautiful, so no complaints here smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
warriorpriestess wrote:

in 'Sorry' under the line "the truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree" there is a whistle that echoes the melody.

yeah i've noticed that...its pretty cool stuff....i like the demonic voice under the main vocal line in twat big_smile

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Neemo wrote:
warriorpriestess wrote:

yeah i've noticed that...its pretty cool stuff....i like the demonic voice under the main vocal line in twat big_smile

No kidding, the first few times, I thought it was just reverb, then on additional listens, I noticed that it was a demonic voice!  Very cool!  The piano runs on Catcher are great as well, and not apparent unless one listens for them or notices them after a few listens!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
warriorpriestess wrote:

No kidding, the first few times, I thought it was just reverb, then on additional listens, I noticed that it was a demonic voice!  Very cool!  The piano runs on Catcher are great as well, and not apparent unless one listens for them or notices them after a few listens!

yeah isnt the piano on Catcher attributed to tobias? whoever it is they are goin crazy....its pretty cool

Sky Dog wrote:
Olorin wrote:

The volume of the vocals and guitars are increased in the outro of Catcher, ruining my enjoyment of the drumming sad

They used genuine french horns for the album version of Maddy, this means the driving synthesizer horn rhythm we are used to on the live versions, is much softer and not as dominant on the album version.

I find them very beautiful, so no complaints here smile

I just think the guitar solo is too high on the outro of Catcher....actually, I would take the majority of the solo out and just let Axl's voice and basic rhythm guitar take us home.

and Neemo, Axl is on piano in Catcher.:beer:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm still noticing all kinds of keyboard elements. Chris was right when he said it was a 'very rich record'.

Sky Dog wrote:

the Goose was Loose....the keyboards are fantastic...outside of the hip hop beats bullshit in Maddy, TWAT, and IRS. Now there is something that should have been mixed out. After that, Pitman, Axl, and Dizzy do great work.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I actually think the hip hop beats match the songs...>.< but then again I don't often criticize drums so...More focused on guitar.

Board footer