You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Digging into the mixes on Chinese Democracy...

Sky Dog wrote:

kind of my point. I would rather Brain or Frank or Josh or whoever just do it on drums. With an album as "lush" as this, there was really no need for synthetic drum beats or synthesized french horns for that matter! Regular French Horns will do.:beer:.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
madagas wrote:

I just think the guitar solo is too high on the outro of Catcher....actually, I would take the majority of the solo out and just let Axl's voice and basic rhythm guitar take us home.

I have said since day one my issue was not with Brian May solo being removed but the clashing outro. When you listen to the May version suddenly you realise that for much of the outro its just Axl's vocals driving the song, the new version has too much going on too soon, and it absolutely detracts from the beautiful vocals.

And I could live without Pitmans techno bassline on ITW, especially as all it does is drown out Stinson.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

Not so much a mix thing, but I love those little jazz chords on the piano that got added to 'If The World'.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
warriorpriestess wrote:

so me and a good friend have been talking some about stuff in the mix of the new tracks - things weren't immediately noticed upon first listen but during later enjoyment of said tunes.

here's one:

in 'Sorry' under the line "the truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree" there is a whistle that echoes the melody.

???

took you more than once to notice that????

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I still haven't noticed it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Holy crap, I just listened to it. It's there. I never noticed that either. Wow.

Board footer