You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Re: Axl Rose/Dexter forum chat discussion thread

Roxxie wrote:
madagas wrote:

what did Fernando say about Bucket?

Just that he's like two different people, with and without the mask, and a nice guy.  Seemed positive.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Neemo wrote:

cuz in the discography section i put OMG in the list of songs that didnt appear on the album...that list is a complete list of songs we've heard or had been rumored over the years to have been recorded with the new band

wow almost half the songs listed are fake..not surprising...cool deal about the Izzy track

I think he didn't say that half of it was fake, just named some to be considered for future work. It doesn't mean the others (or some of them) didn't exist, just got canned...

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

Check this out:

I tried sending this ages ago but apparently it never went through. It was a direct response but now fits others questions on the same subject.

The whole whose it about bit w/songs doesn't work for me that much as in whether a line or whatever was inspired by a particular person or situation doesn't mean that in the end that's what or who the song's about.

I could be working with clay and think of someone or something and somehow that could inspire me to take the work in a different direction at the moment but in the end it could just be a nice vase.

I often wonder where the people who inspired so many songs are now and why it's only important with some songs such as Layla as opposed to others. I'm guessin' a fair # of beautiful love songs or otherwise were inspired by some that the artists and public might consider now or in hindsight to be the opposite of how they are depicted or allegedly represented.

With Sorry.. like a lot of the material is drawn from a lot of different situations. The main focus on the boards w/the track seems to be either Slash or "the fans" (and the collective of "the fans" is another thing that doesn't work for me) and is much too restrictive or narrow and limits what I feel I intended.

For me it's for anyone talking nonsense at mine and the public's expense and that many of those as well as the public don't know who to believe.

Also where possible I'd like to give people the opportunity to get what they can from the material for a while before clouding that with my inspirations. Of course that's not always avoidable.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

that was a very clever answer.....

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Wow, damnit I missed it.

Interesting stuff about Shacklers---ties to Virginia Tech and Cho.

Catcher is actually anti-JD Salinger!!

Axl almost died in a helicopter accident!!!

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Olorin wrote:

Check this out:

http://www.jackiechan.com/gallery/20739 … his-Segway-

The General is a nick name  or character of Jackie Chan

Haha genius - it was like a riddle from Axl and you solved it! Why were people so sure it was No Love Remains anyway - that was totally an unfounded rumour.

One thing - in Shacklers he is criticising the media for trying to make a big deal out of the guys love for Mr. Brownstone, however in Catcher In The Rye he criticises Salinger for inspiring the murder of Lennon. Ironic? He at least admits its possible for art to inspire murder.

Lol @ the guy who said Axl captured the mood of the book perfectly - clearly that wasn't his intention.

These lyrics seem particularly damning toward the book and Salinger:

You were the instrument
You were the one
How a body took a body
And Gave that boy a gun

His replies are getting much more in-depth now.

Presumably this is one of his favourite books that he mentioned and that is the same name as a new as-yet unreleased song.

http://www.amazon.com/Zodiac-Robert-Gra … 530&sr=8-1

estrangedpaul

I like meeting all kinds of fans but after a show (I realize that's the only time some may feel they have an opportunity but w/the exception of close friends around...) not to be offensive but I'm generally not looking forward to walking off stage to hang with guys whether they're fans or not. I deal with Guns all day every day so coming off stage to talk about the band is just like more of the same. Unless there's pressing business I wanna forget that till it's time to go at it again the next day. And people may enjoy meet and greets and have their reasons why it meant a lot for them which I respect but overall charging fans for it I thinks disgusting of bands. Now if they did it for free to winners of a contest etc that would be different. Charging is lame. How to meet bands? Maybe try to hang out places u might hear they do sometimes.

A definite diss towards Velvet Revolver and their expensive vip passes.

I can't believe how much rumours and other stuff have been cleared up in the last day or so! Incredible! And Axl seems so nice and patient. If he had been like his reputation in the media, he would have ran as soon as that guy started arguing with him on MyGnR when Dexter first made an appearance (although I think don't think the guy knew it was actually Axl and thought it was somebody acting as him).

estrangedpaul

Also, was looking over GnREvolution's discography of unreleased songs from 1998 onwards - looks like this Kerrang paragraph was bogus.

Over the next 12 months, the band apparently recorded 30 songs for the album, continually reworking them. Tracks recorded were said to include ‘Prostitute’, ‘Cock-A-Roach Soup’, ‘This I Love’, ‘Suckerpunched’, ‘No Love Remains’, ‘Friend Or Foe’, ‘Zip It’, ‘Something Always’, ‘Hearts Get Killed’ and ‘Closing In On You’. Depending on who you believe, they veered from techno-industrial rock to old-style Guns sleeze. Matt Sorum revealed Axl’s love of samples and loops; contrarily, Chris Vrenna stated, "I have a feeling it’s gonna be more like Appetite, than anyone is expecting." (Kerrang! August 21, 1999)

All the songs mentioned exclusively have just been ruled out as songs. Only This I Love and Prostitute but they were mentioned repeatedly before then. Not surprising, as some of them titles are rediculous.

You could argue that some of the song titles have changed - but all of them? Besides, its clear from what Axl said that those songs never existed.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
estrangedpaul wrote:

I like meeting all kinds of fans but after a show (I realize that's the only time some may feel they have an opportunity but w/the exception of close friends around...) not to be offensive but I'm generally not looking forward to walking off stage to hang with guys whether they're fans or not. I deal with Guns all day every day so coming off stage to talk about the band is just like more of the same. Unless there's pressing business I wanna forget that till it's time to go at it again the next day. And people may enjoy meet and greets and have their reasons why it meant a lot for them which I respect but overall charging fans for it I thinks disgusting of bands. Now if they did it for free to winners of a contest etc that would be different. Charging is lame. How to meet bands? Maybe try to hang out places u might hear they do sometimes.

A definite diss towards Velvet Revolver and their expensive vip passes.

Not necessarily. A bunch of artists do that sort of thing now. Its more of a diss at the concept in general than against specific bands. If it wasn't so common, then it could be aimed towards them specifically.

looks like this Kerrang paragraph was bogus

14 Yeah, looks like they pulled fake song titles out of a hat. We'll probably edit out the trash from sections in that sidebar.

Board footer