You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Axl Rose/Dexter forum chat discussion thread

Olorin wrote:

He certainly seems very proud of the depth of Catcher and what he managed to convey in the song.
Some of his answers take a fair amount of concentration to absorb, I understand better what people have said in the past about him being a powerful conversationist.
I'm very impressed with him, he has a captivating way of speaking when he gets going.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Yeah he is a very interesting person and obviously very intelligent.   The last couple of days have been a great Christmas gift!!  Great to know there are more goodies coming, to me that is more important than the tour.  So cool to have the silence broken and alot of the garbage cleaned up.  Hope we are lucky enough to get some q&a time with The Man!

caroline
 Rep: 0 

caroline wrote:

smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I still think there's a thing in the back of my mind, that stupid questions will scare him off. But he takes it in stride.

Some people are just trolls and morons. It's like the epic fail or all fails. The one question you get to ask Axl Rose, and you blow it by saying "Hamburgers or Hot Dogs?"

Although that one guy at HTGTH that kept trying to Rick Roll him was hilarious, and then he just played it for laughs. 14

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Could someone update the first page of this thread with the final few answers Axl gave? We're missing his final post on Catcher, and it was a good un'

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Unfortunately this will happen when a celbrity does this.  It's inevitable.  Again I am just surprised he did it.  This is a great way to repair the gap in the bridge between GNR and the fans.  And this confirms the stories of him being loyal, generous and all.  My opinion of Axl changed with this, not that I thought he was just a bad guy with nothing good in him, but he may be a better person than some of us thought (myself included).

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

What was surprising is he offered to name off all the fake titles and wanted a list but got sidetracked.

Yeah, we need to definitely compile the list and ask.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

He answered that last night on CD.com Gunslinger.

Needless to say, almost half the list was bullcrap.

He also alluded to 'Checkmate' being "The General".

R.B. Huckleberry
 Rep: 2 

Yeah, I think he hit the ball out of the park with these chats/Q&A sessions. Public statements & promotional jaunts can get complicated, and it sounds like the road to releasing Chinese Democracy was hard (it seemed Axl was alluding to that). reaching out to the fanbase like this was a great way to cut through the bull & show that he does in fact give a damn about the album.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:

He certainly seems very proud of the depth of Catcher and what he managed to convey in the song.
Some of his answers take a fair amount of concentration to absorb, I understand better what people have said in the past about him being a powerful conversationist.
I'm very impressed with him, he has a captivating way of speaking when he gets going.

Yeah it's looking like that might be his favorite song, or at least the one he's proudest of.  During the chat the other night he actually prompted people to ask about the song.  He obviously wanted to get the info on the song out there.  Interesting reads on his explanations of "Sorry", "Shackler's Revenge", and "This I Love" too.

It's amazing we got next to no information for the longest time and then all of a sudden.  He's slowly making up for lost time, I'd say.  Say what you will about Axl, but he's a damn unique individual.  And he kicks some serious ass!

Board footer