You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Axl Rose/Dexter forum chat discussion thread

BLS-Pride wrote:

This is really fucking cool. I wanted communication and I got it. I am happy now.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, once again. It's really really cool that he did this.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

It was really, really cool.  Man, two of his favorite songs, This I Love and Catcher, are the two songs that lose me the most.  He said This I Love was his most emotional on this album....  He went into great detail about Catcher..  On the comments from Duff he just blew them off.  Seems like he is the one with a hard time of letting go, at least publicly.  I am glad he is proud of this album, regardless of what the pubic and fans think of it.  If he is happy I am happy.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

It was really, really cool.  Man, two of his favorite songs, This I Love and Catcher, are the two songs that lose me the most.  He said This I Love was his most emotional on this album....  He went into great detail about Catcher..  On the comments from Duff he just blew them off.  Seems like he is the one with a hard time of letting go, at least publicly.  I am glad he is proud of this album, regardless of what the pubic and fans think of it.  If he is happy I am happy.

The first time I heard "This I Love" I said to myself that it sounded like the most emotional song he's ever written.  But I agree, I didn't really get into it right awy.  I'm warming to it though.  It also took me a little time to warm to the "new" version of Catcher, but I love that song now.  I'd love to hear more about the other songs.  He's been very open and honest.  Hopefully it'll continue in some form or another, but so far, great stuff!

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

i wonder if we'll hear The General/Jackie Chan in full when they tour. if the 25 second clip is any indication, it sounds like it'll be a chart topper.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I want some more honesty.  Right now may be a big "save face" campaign, but regardless I love it.  I think he gets bogged down in the detail sometimes on some of these songs..  Like on the guitars, when Brian May does a solo... LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE.  AXL, ITS BRIAN MAY, JUST GO WITH IT.  HAHAHAHAHA, just kidding.  Axl's voice is the strong point of the album.  Lack of Riffs and Balls is the low point.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Dadud wrote:

i wonder if we'll hear The General/Jackie Chan in full when they tour. if the 25 second clip is any indication, it sounds like it'll be a chart topper.

25 sec clip?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

His explanation of Shackler's give a whole new meaning to the line "I won't be home today" - the song suddenly has a much more sinister feel.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Does Bumble's solo capture that feeling?  I think not.... Fuck.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

fuck, i dont remember how long the clip was.

Board footer