You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Axl Rose/Dexter forum chat discussion thread

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, I don't think there's anyway he'll post here. I think this is strictly for the sites that sold out and Axl chatting is their payoff. At least that's how it looks.

I think we should keep our questions and give them to Bumble to get Axl to answer. That's as close as we're going to get to talk to Axl 16

Or go register over there, and post. I've still got an account at HTGTH, and it'd take me about 6 seconds to get back into MyGNR.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Nah, I really don't want to give any of those sites any kind of support. Plus, I've been banned at HTGTH. I could bypass it, but I'm not going to. And mygnr seems like a real hassel just to ask a question.

R.B. Huckleberry
 Rep: 2 

How does a fan site "sell out"?

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
R.B. Huckleberry wrote:

By censoring everyone's opinions because they think the band won't like it.

R.B. Huckleberry
 Rep: 2 

Rex wrote:
R.B. Huckleberry wrote:

By censoring everyone's opinions because they think the band won't like it.

Go to a music gear forum. Then tell me how bad CD.com, mygnr & HTGTH are.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

LOL at Axl using the emoticons. He's a forum nerd now! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sky Dog wrote:

If I hear "censor" or free speech one more time I am going to shoot somebody....or my head will explode. A fucking rock and roll message board is not life, death, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It may not be, but to deny the fact that MyGNR & HTGTH heavily censor to KISS THE ASS of the band is undeniable.

They insult the intelligence of Guns N' Roses, they insult the intelligence of Axl and they insult the intelligence of their members.

They are basically telling you "Axl you're too STUPID to handle these questions". They are saying "Regular poster, you're too ignorant to know the right questions to ask".

You can talk all day about how it's no big deal, but the bottom line - it is. Nazis on a power trip controlling and censoring how the fans speak is beyond lame.

I once again want to thank the intelligent posters on those boards that asked good questions. But the trolls and mods have been a joke - like I expected them to be. Asskissers to the 'nth degree.

adiarose
 Rep: 0 

adiarose wrote:

I agree,totally dilutes the impact of Axl talking to the fans.What started off as something great is in danger of becoming just another press junket "no questions about this" style interview.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Did axl end up answering questions about the name? Damn my aussie timezone wink

If he wants respectful but challanging questions, I would have asked:

#1: Its been reported that he leveraged the bands fear of another riot to get control of the name by refusing to go on stage till they signed it over. Is that true?

#2: An opinion could suggest the name is a double edged sword. On one hand it provides brand recgonition, on the other it has the potential to distract from the quality of his new work, as the media will focus on the 'ethics' of keeping the name even when the new songs are kickass. What are his thoughts on this? Did he consider it and if so, why has he chosen to keep the name? Is it personal?

Board footer