You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Axl Rose/Dexter forum chat discussion thread

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I think that has more to do with the interviews. Just like with Axl, they don't care about new Guns, they want to talk about old, and the same with Slash. Fuck VR, we want to talk about the same old shit with Guns 9 times over.

I really don't understand the hatred towards Axl over his comments. He's actually being honest. They asked him the SAME exact questions they ask Slash, it's just Axl actually gave an honest opinion. Not saved it for selling a book (Slash).

While personally I hate it when Slash, Axl or any member of original GNR bashes each other, I can't blame Axl here.  He was asked a question and he answered honnestly.  Plus It's his first interview in a real long time so you had to expect it.  Plus Axl ended the reunion hopes.  Which is good cause now fans can move on.  I would loved more in depth stuff on CD but what can we do.  Also the idea of Axl MAYBE collaborating with Izzy on new music is very exciting.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

He answered cause he liked the questions. Seems like he doesn't wanna talk about his album, just contunues the blame and hatred game. Sad.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

He answered cause he liked the questions. Seems like he doesn't wanna talk about his album, just contunues the blame and hatred game. Sad.

What?  He answered the questions he was asked.  Again, I'm sorry Jonathan Cohen didn't ask him the origin of Riad and the Bedouins or the meaning behind Prostitute.  I guess Axl could've answered the question about old bandmates by going into the reasons on why he chose to use the movie quotes in Madagascar.  That would've made sense.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

There was about 6 months between Libertad and Slash's book. When the album came out, he talked about it and added that he was working on a book. When his book came out, he talked about it and added that they had released an album a few months earlier. So I don't see your point.

My point is, at the time VR fans were complaining about the lack of promo for Libertad (sound familiar) and Slash was out promoting his book.  Well within his rights, but at the same time he could've put a little more effort into at least mentioning the album instead of waiting till the last minute of the interview.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Libertad like Chinese has failed and flopped for one reason and one reason only

horrible singles

singles drive album sales

Slither and FTP were back to back number 1's which makes skeptical people go out and buy it, cause back to back awesome songs does that

with Libertad, SBQM was a bad single and The Last Fight wasn't a great single either.

with CD, CD was a horrible single and Better just has too much going on.

faldor

faldor wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

Libertad like Chinese has failed and flopped for one reason and one reason only

horrible singles

singles drive album sales

Slither and FTP were back to back number 1's which makes skeptical people go out and buy it, cause back to back awesome songs does that

with Libertad, SBQM was a bad single and The Last Fight wasn't a great single either.

with CD, CD was a horrible single and Better just has too much going on.

Right now you'd appear to be correct.  I could argue that it's not necessarily that the singles are bad, it's more the lack of promo, band presence, tour, the Best Buy exclusive (which limits availability/exposure).  But then one could come right back and say that "the music should speak for itself".  I believe Axl said that himself in the past, so in a sense if music is THAT good then it should sell regardless of the things I mentioned.  I do think Axl and the band making themselves more available and a video or 2 would help out.  We'll never know if/until that happens though.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

There was about 6 months between Libertad and Slash's book. When the album came out, he talked about it and added that he was working on a book. When his book came out, he talked about it and added that they had released an album a few months earlier. So I don't see your point.

I know you don't, and you never will sadly. No offense.

Mikkamakka wrote:

That's because he's obviously an honest person. Axl always talks about what he feels it seems, and right now he wants to make it clear to bury the reunion, and make it clear he's pissed at Interscope.

If he would've came out, postively and talked about the album, and nothing else, you'd be saying "Axl dodged the real questions". roll

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl an honest person? Alright. Sadly his opinion and plans are changing with every minute. He could have talked about his album if he had wanted to. But no, he didn't, cause he's more interested in playing the sacrifice lamb. Good for him.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Honest about his feelings. Whether they're true or not, is to be determined.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl an honest person? Alright. Sadly his opinion and plans are changing with every minute. He could have talked about his album if he had wanted to. But no, he didn't, cause he's more interested in playing the sacrifice lamb. Good for him.

You keep speaking like Axl dodged questions about the album and only wanted to talk about Slash and the record company.  Do you have a transcript of the original questions Billboard sent to Axl?  He answered the questions he was given.  Some of which dealt with the album, some dealt with the record company, and one dealt with former members of GNR.

Board footer