You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Axl Rose/Dexter forum chat discussion thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

He could have said, "I only want to focus on people that are in Guns N Roses, not those that have left".....  Just saying... He wanted to put the hate out there.. that is fine, but lets not act dumb here.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He could have said, "I only want to focus on people that are in Guns N Roses, not those that have left".....  Just saying... He wanted to put the hate out there.. that is fine, but lets not act dumb here.

Fine, then let's be totally honest with ourselves. IF Axl had done that, WE ALL KNOW that he would've then been slammed with "Axl dodged the real questions".

You know it man. I don't care what you think or anyone does for that matter, about the guy, but he can't win on some of this shit.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl an honest person? Alright. Sadly his opinion and plans are changing with every minute. He could have talked about his album if he had wanted to. But no, he didn't, cause he's more interested in playing the sacrifice lamb. Good for him.

You keep speaking like Axl dodged questions about the album and only wanted to talk about Slash and the record company.  Do you have a transcript of the original questions Billboard sent to Axl?  He answered the questions he was given.  Some of which dealt with the album, some dealt with the record company, and one dealt with former members of GNR.

Guess you haven't read the questions. Some here for you again. He got the chance to talk about his album, the music and specific songs. He wasn't interested. Yet he went into a long, hateful rant about the record company, and seemed to be more interested in bashing Slash, too.

The last time Guns N' Roses had a new album out, the Internet was barely a reality. What was your response to the nine-song leak this summer?

What's your take on the media response to the album?

Observers are interpreting some of the songs on "Chinese Democracy" as being about the process of making the album. Is this valid?

Can you give an example of a song that the band nailed on an early take and didn't change that much?

How many other songs were completed and considered for "Chinese Democracy"? There are rumors that there are two full albums done.

Some artists like to test out their new songs in their car stereos or invite friends to the studio to hear playbacks. How did you listen to the album when it was a work in progress?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Damn right, it was a premeditated rant. Its pretty clear that his real motive for answering the questions were not to chat about his new album. Those were good open questions that he could have spent a little time elaborating over.

His coming on the boards was in a similar vane, it was done in good humour but he soon took control and channelled the fan questions to suit his own purpose.

However, perhaps now he has got some of that off his chest and into the open, he might be happier to move forwards and start talking about the new music, album and the making of.
I know if I had a new album out I would talk the hind legs off a donkey about it.

I'm still wondering if Interscope will respond, I'm guessing  a few people will be thinking "fuck that guy, who does he think he is?"

Worse still for publicity's sake, many hacks in the press will be sharpening their knives purely out of spite, rather than just for being smug as before.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fine, then let's be totally honest with ourselves. IF Axl had done that, WE ALL KNOW that he would've then been slammed with "Axl dodged the real questions".

You know it man. I don't care what you think or anyone does for that matter, about the guy, but he can't win on some of this shit.

I agree.  The same people complaining about this interview are the same people that are complaining Axl never does them.  And now that he does he gets slammed.  What will happen now?  No more interviews for a long while.  I've always been one that hated reading or hearing the original or 2nd lineup of GNR slamming Axl and ore each other.  But Axl slamming Slash this time, while I do not like it I have to admit Slash had it coming.  Slash in up till 06 or 07 was very critical of Axl in interviews.  Plus, Axl slammed the door shut on a reunion.  But if Axl does more interviews, I hope he goes easy on his Slash remarks.  He can say no reunion without slamming Slash.  But for this time.  Slash had this coming for a long time.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I do think the final slamming on the door of the reunion, will cost him interviews.

Which he knew would happen.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

can we keep the billboard interview discussion in the billboard interview thread? thanks

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I am not saying he should have said, was just saying that he could have said that.  I wouldn't bitch, we have the Dexter posts to know how bitter he is already.  Slash, Duff, Matt, etc, haven't talked bad about Axl since probably 2005.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Neither has Axl. There's one and only one person he's still slagging off these days.

This isn't a band thing. It isn't a former employees thing. It's a Slash thing.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The million dollar question.... WHY IS IT ONLY SLASH THAT HE HATES AND WHY DOES HE "HATE" HIM? Slash may "dislike" Axl's actions, but loves the guy.  Axl actually seems to HATE everything Slash.

Board footer