You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Axl Rose/Dexter forum chat discussion thread

war wrote:

buss i don't think new gnr is unaccepted - i think it's unnoticed.

axl had his chances back in the day

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

buss i don't think new gnr is unaccepted - i think it's unnoticed.

axl had his chances back in the day

So you think the old band together would go unnoticed?  Axl still gets noticed, and it's still for all bad things.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Exactly. I see Axl get press all the time... for being a legendary fuck up.

The new band NEVER gets good press, and it's probably because Axl cursed the brand trying to continue it on with the wrong players. The media treats Axl like the guy who murders his wife, gets away with it, then remarries and pretends like the first wife never existed.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Axl never put a picture of the new band out there or had a full band interview or released an album every three years like all the rest of the world's normal bands so that was his second biggest mistake.

His first biggest mistake was to completely underestimate his original line-ups place in the hearts & minds of the public and to assume that most of the love and hunger for GNR was was really for him and not GNR the original band.

Axlin's comparison is spot on. The public do not want to deny Slash, Izzy & Duffs place in history because their own history and youth is wrapped up in memories of all of the originals, not just Axl.

GNR became not just a band but a cultural phenomenon and its dangerous to fuck with that.

Board footer