You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: There really seems to be a buildup now...

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree war. I don't think he wanted to just come out and say it, just in case something happened, but he seemed pretty confidant, of it all, that the wheels are in motion now. CD I apparently was a pretty big road block legally, and now that that's out of the way, i'm assuming they've kind of purged the system, and are ready to move forward, and hopefully - quickly.

Oh, and by the way Axl, if you decide to do a solo album, i'd love to hear an instrumental-only solo album. I pretty much listen to nothing but horror film/TV scores these days, aside from CD.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm really starting to believe that the big guns (if they really exist) were saved for whatever comes next.  It's a risky move though.  Fans won't give you a second chance unless you bring it, so all the killer songs with killer hooks are going to have to come into play on whatever happens next.

The way CD was released, it was done to get it out of the way.  I said that when it came out, I still believe it.  The question is still, get it out of the way for what?  Reunion?  Probably not anytime soon (though you NEVER know in the world of GnR).  More realistically, the album Axl really envisioned as his masterpiece.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Does anybody think that Axl might have a TON of Big Guns up his sleeve?

I mean, I believe there's Big Guns for the upcoming albums, but as far as i'm concerned If The World, TWAT, Catcher, Sorry, This I Love & Prostitute are Big Guns.

Sky Dog wrote:

I don't think album 2 will be really any different than Chinese...in quality or style. But what the hell do I know?!!!

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i can't decide, buzz and axlin.

it all depends on the definition of a "big gun"  - there are some great tracks on this album but nothing super catchy. yet nothing really long either.

i guess i'd have to say that we haven't heard the big guns yet.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm really starting to believe that the big guns (if they really exist) were saved for whatever comes next.  It's a risky move though.  Fans won't give you a second chance unless you bring it, so all the killer songs with killer hooks are going to have to come into play on whatever happens next.

The way CD was released, it was done to get it out of the way.  I said that when it came out, I still believe it.  The question is still, get it out of the way for what?  Reunion?  Probably not anytime soon (though you NEVER know in the world of GnR).  More realistically, the album Axl really envisioned as his masterpiece.

I disagree. Maybe I'm wrong, but what I got from Axl's words was that CD was the album, these were the songs the record company agreed to release. I think the rest is less of a Street of Dreams/TWAT/Catcher-type ballad songs, but more likely some more experimental stuff, like Scraped or Silkworms. Even the Pitman comments make me think it.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl also specifically talked about more 'different' styles. Which adds even more to the fact that the next album could be even more of an experimentation or difference from GNR's past catalog.

In hind sight, maybe songs like TWAT, Catcher & This I Love actually saved CD from being a sunken ship. Could very well be possible.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

I was listening to the Boston 2002 bootleg. the song axl plays right before The Asshole song and November rain sounds like it could be a new song. sounds like it would a big gun. kind of has a creepy sound to it.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

The Asshole Song a big Gun.... jeezus...

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

Hurr, i mean right before it, at about the 56 second mark. if you have the one Imsorry posted up

Board footer