You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Chinese Democracy Elimination Round 2

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

TWAT is better than 90% of U2's catalog. 22

Its not even better than their cover of Helter Skelter.....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

TWAT is better than 90% of U2's catalog. 22

Its not even better than their cover of Helter Skelter.....

Do you remember the U2 catalog?

402242.jpg

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

I voted for TWAT.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

one thing that continues to amaze me is the die-hard gnr community's lack of love for great hard rock gnr songs. Shackler's, CD, IRS, Scraped are among my favs.

with that said, one rocker i can't get into is Riad. it's my least favorite song on the album. and it gets my vote for elimination.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
sandman wrote:

one thing that continues to amaze me is the die-hard gnr community's lack of love for great hard rock gnr songs. Shackler's, CD, IRS, Scraped are among my favs.

with that said, one rocker i can't get into is Riad. it's my least favorite song on the album. and it gets my vote for elimination.

It's great that you like them, but the songs aren't that good.  The reaction has been pretty fair overall.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
sandman wrote:

It's great that you like them, but the songs aren't that good.  The reaction has been pretty fair overall.

But fuck the reaction. Those songs might not be considered "great" by the media or some fans but I would take them over most of the ballads any day. I think IRS is a great rock song. A lot of fans dislike that song. In reviews that I've read seem to think it's a good hard rock song as well. There is only so many ballads one can take before they need a kick in the ass. The harder songs on the album I think are the backbone.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

IRS doesn't kick any ass at all though. It's a mid-tempo power ballad as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't ever list it as a "rocker".

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

are we really gonna have a tie two rounds in a row? what the fuck

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Communist China wrote:

IRS doesn't kick any ass at all though. It's a mid-tempo power ballad as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't ever list it as a "rocker".

Are we listening to the same song? 10

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

How is IRS a 'ballad'?

IRS is a rocker, all the way. And so is Sorry & Better for anyone that were wondering.

Board footer