You are not logged in. Please register or login.

MATT - A REAL FAN
 Rep: 7 

Re: My GUNS N' ROSES short film!!

YO!!

What's up fellow Guns N' Roses fans?!? I want to share with you a comedic short film about GN'R that I wrote, produced, directed. And I acted in it too!

This is an idea that I've had for a couple of years now and cranked it out in November to coincide with the release of "Chinese Democracy."

I was partly inspired by an online article that featured as it's title: "It's Official: World To End In October" when CD was rumored to be released in October 2006.

So, it's based on that premise, exaggerated even further for laughs, and mixed with some of my own feelings about it finally coming out. Basically, it's various reactions from people upon hearing the news of CD's arrival.

Originally, I planned for this project to be done and online right before CD's actual release but, we were delayed due to weather postponements, Phillies World Series Win/Parade and subsequent celebrations, more weather postponements, some cast changes and my friend/editor being married with 2 kids and working two jobs.

It looks a lot clearer on DVD than on YouTube but, this is how we learn about cameras, etc. Considering that it's my first film out of the gate and had a budget of about 4 dollars, I'm pretty happy with the result!  big_smile

While it's made to entertain across the board, I've included a few GN'R "inside" jokes for the die-hard fans. Keep an eye out!!

If you like it, feel free to pass this on to family and friends. I hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think!

Roll 'Em!!!

GN'R FOREVER!!

MATT

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Do you live in Philly??  Was that homeless guy scene around 17th & JFK??

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Anyway, it's not that bad. Moderately entertaining. Pretty true how alot of it went with talking to people, calling friends, and settling bets. 16

Could have sped the credits up a bit. I thought there was more story to go.

MATT - A REAL FAN

PaSnow wrote:

Do you live in Philly??  Was that homeless guy scene around 17th & JFK??

Yeah and yeah.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

haha good job man

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Nice. Karma.

MATT - A REAL FAN

Thanks to everyone! It was fun to make, even if it was a lot of work. Definitely learned a great deal on it, good and bad.

As for other GN'R related projects, I'm working on a video for "Better" but, it's supposed to be filmed outside and it's a bit nippy here. Maybe by Spring!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

By then we might see the real video, lmao.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Hahaha that was great. The dude screaming running out the bar was great. Funny shit dude.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Good stuff, that was funny man.  Reminded me a little of that commercial (I forget what it was for) when the Red Sox won the world series for the first time in 86 years and Dennis Leary had to give up his child because that's the pact he made.  His wife was not too happy.

Board footer