You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: U2 - Acoustic Achtung Babies

Saikin wrote:

That's a lot of equipment!  16

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Bono wrote:

u2.com stream: http://goyb.u2.com/

Don't think I'm much of a fan of this new song. Myb it's my tweeter PC speakers, but I don't think it's very good. I'm still interested, but now cautiously optimistic.

Is this their first single, or just a sneak preview track?!

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Bono wrote:

u2.com stream: http://goyb.u2.com/

Don't think I'm much of a fan of this new song. Myb it's my tweeter PC speakers, but I don't think it's very good. I'm still interested, but now cautiously optimistic.

Is this their first single, or just a sneak preview track?!

It's their first single.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

So I've had some time to digest Get On Your Boots and I don't know about it.  My initial reaction was excitement but I think that had more to do with new U2 material. I do like the fact the song is different and it is interesting and that makes me hopefull for the album but the song itself just sounds like B-side material from U2. Strange considering how amazingly perfect their last two lead singles have been. I said it when I first heard the song that I don't think it'll be a hit the way Beautiful Day or Vertigo were(will it even be a hit period?) and the more I hear the song the more I have to think this isn't the type of song to come flying outta the gates with. It's more like the pace car. I can't help but think they're setting it up. Like "hey we're back and we're doing something different here's a taste." Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they did pin the albums hopes on this song but given the recent past of U2 I think this is more of an Achtung Baby situation where they're puting out the most new/different sound as the lead and then they'll follow it up with a catchy tune or a classic kickass U2 ballad. I dont' know. All I know is Get On Your Boots is just o.k. to me.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

The song is mediocre. Hopefully the album is good.

Bono

Bono wrote:

This album is gonna be so cool. If for no other reason than they are trying something different.
http://www.independent.ie/entertainment … 18671.html

Bono

Bono wrote:

From u2.com

Grammy Performance Next Month

U2 will play at the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles next month.

The 51st annual Grammy Awards take place on February 8th and there's plenty of other great acts lined up including Kid Rock, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Rihanna, Coldplay, Jennifer Hudson, Lil Wayne, Paul McCartney, Radiohead and Jay-Z.

It will air on CBS from 8–11:30 p.m. (ET/PT). More here.

The band have already confirmed they'll be performing the new single ‘Get On Your Boots’ at the UK's BRIT Awards at London's Earls Court, ten days later on Wednesday 18 February. And a few days after that they'll be in Berlin to play at Germany's ECHO Awards

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'll be watching the Grammys. Mainly to see if M.I.A wins, but a U2 performance will be icing on the cake.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Not trying to knock your band or anything Bono, but I thought it was pretty cheesey for U2 to put their new song in a NFL Network commercial for the Super Bowl.  I get car ads, iPod etc... but the NFL Network?? Really?? I thought it was kinda lame

Bono

Bono wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Not trying to knock your band or anything Bono, but I thought it was pretty cheesey for U2 to put their new song in a NFL Network commercial for the Super Bowl.  I get car ads, iPod etc... but the NFL Network?? Really?? I thought it was kinda lame

It's not lame at all considering songs off Chinese Democracy were featured  durring Monday Night Football this year. Unless you think Gn'R is lame as well than fair enough.  Seriously though the NFL has been using U2's music for years. You're actually saying car commercials are better than and NFL network commercial?   What about McDonalds? No way man. Seeing U2's music on the NFL network advertising the Super Bowl is way better than hearing their music attached to some lame fucking product like shampoo or  Chrysler. What's wrong or cheesey about the NFL network?

Board footer