You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: U2 - Acoustic Achtung Babies

Bono wrote:

From Rebell Yell at mygnr: "U.S. radio is going to be on "Magnificent" like a fat kid on a cupcake. And rightfully so."

From Black Sabbath at mygnr: "Absolutely. This album is fucking great."

I might have to download this right now.

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm not loving this...  "Unknown Caller" ruined it for me, "Magnificent" is fairly good though.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I'm sorry I can't upload it tonight James.  I'm dead tired or else I'd stay up and get it uploaded for you.

I will say that it isn't really a rock orientated record.  They weren't lying when they said it's more experimental.  This album might make me a U2 fan. 16

17 I hate you for listening to it but 20 I love you for it too 16  Hearing an unbias person say it sounds more experimental  makes me feel like this  11

I haven't heard any full albums from them so I don't have much to compare it to, but to me it sounds more experimental.  I haven't listened to the full thing, but Get On Your Boots sounds like the closest thing to Vertigo as far as a rock orientation goes.  Even though it seems experimental, it's got catchy melodies in it.

The title track sounds like older U2, that's the vibe I get.  And White As Snow is the standout track for me right now.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:

From Rebell Yell at mygnr: "U.S. radio is going to be on "Magnificent" like a fat kid on a cupcake. And rightfully so."

From Black Sabbath at mygnr: "Absolutely. This album is fucking great."

I might have to download this right now.

I could see other songs being singles other than Magnificent as well.  No Line on the Horizon seems like it would do alright, as well as Stand Up Comedy and I'll Go Crazy. 

Idk, for my first U2 album experience it's damn good.

Bono

Bono wrote:

Holy Bono drops an F-bomb in "Crazy Tonight' 16

"It's not a hill it's a Mother fucking mountain!"

I can only remeber Bono using droping an F-Bomb once before on the song Wake Up Deadman from the Pop album. But then it's in this context "And a fucked up world it is too"
I didn't hear it though I just read the lyrics 16

Looks like  the album leaked from New Zealand. That's weird.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I'm listening to it right now.  Man, 'Moment of Surrender' sure drags on.  The stuff before it was alright though.

Bono

Bono wrote:

o.k. so I had to stop the bleeding somehow and I requested an mp3 of the title and lead track No Line On the Horizon.  I had to hear something 16  I listend to it four times and I think it's a fucking cool song. What excites me is it's not even one of the ones being raved about  by U2 fans.  Unlike Boots where I can never decide if I like it or not(one moment I love it the next it bores me hmm ) I liked this song right off the bat. And after four listens I think it's really awesome. Not like anything we've heard off the last two albums.  I

I am so excited to hear the rest of this but I think I can wait now. I've got Get On Your Boots and No Line on the Horizon and I think those can hold me off untill the 3rd. I hope so anyways.   I have a really good feeling about this album. 22

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I just listened to it.  It's a great album, except for that one song I mentioned earlier being too long.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Fresh link pronto. That link is already dead.

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:

so...any new links yet?

Board footer