You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: U2 - Acoustic Achtung Babies

Bono wrote:
strat0 wrote:

Sorry for double post but what's that U2 song that says And you give yourself away, and you give yourself away, and you give, and you give, and you give yourself away...

Strat0 it's With or Without You off the Joshua Tree album. here's the band performing it in 2001. You'll notice Bono adds a new verse at the end starting at 4:15

"Sing my song
It's what I feel
Come and sing, man
This is real
From my soul
Come near
I can feel
My senses, dear

Yeah, we'll shine like stars in the summer night.
We'll shine like stars, it'll be alright
One heart. One heart. One heart. "...

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Favorite track right now is Magnificent. This is easily U2's best album in a decade and quite possibly one of their best overall. This is coming from a fan who considers '90s U2 the band's ultimate incarnation and Achtung Baby its defining masterpiece.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Thanks Bono. Recently started getting into them since my singer wanted us to cover One and Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Bono

Bono wrote:

That's awesome Strat0. They're definately worth looking into. I've always said that whether you like it or not you'll end up liking U2 eventually. People say that's arrogant of me but I honestly think they are a band that even if you don't grow to absolutely love,  if people are honest wiht themselves they do like U2 one way or another.  I mean it'd be like someone saying they dislike the Rolling Stones. If you're a music fan that's virtually impossible. I think the same thing goes for U2.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Bono, that's exactly why I was willing to let links be posted and essentially break my own rule. U2 has never been anti downloading because they know their fans buy everything anyways. However, they must know that the downloading beast is much different in 2009 than it was in 2004.\

The release of this album will be a great test against the downloading juggernaut. U2 sales are always massive, and if this record performs less than other U2 albums, the music industry needs to get its head out of its ass and do something when even the biggest band on the planet cant live up to its prior sales plateau.

Links removed. If someone who hasn't heard it yet wants to, simply send a PM to someone in this thread.

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPyhYczii8I

break away..in to the night. Don't listen to Bono.....best U2 song ever.:peace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjtpplE39_g

Bono

Bono wrote:

16  not the best U2 song ever but definately epic.  the band was catapulted into Super  sStardome with this Live 8 performance.

Truth be told it was "40"  was the best closer of any concert I've ever seen. October 10th 2005 the band ended he show at MSG with "40" and I shit you not the New York crowd sang the fucking song for about 5 minutes after the band left the stage....... [i]["How long to sing this song....... How long to song this song..... How long to sing this song..."/i]

One of the greatest moments of my concert going life. 9

Sky Dog wrote:

nice.....suprised you're not a WAR fan. 40, Seconds, Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Year's Day, Two Hearts Beats As One.....awesome album.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The release of this album will be a great test against the downloading juggernaut. U2 sales are always massive, and if this record performs less than other U2 albums, the music industry needs to get its head out of its ass and do something when even the biggest band on the planet cant live up to its prior sales plateau.

I'm willing to bet sales will be less than what we all think, for this fact alone and the economy is actually much worse than when even GNR released CD.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I saw the video this morning for the new song...the song is weak.  Surprisingly weak 1st single choice for them.

Board footer