You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: U2 - Acoustic Achtung Babies

Bono wrote:

What's really impressive about U2's setlist is they performed 24 actuall songs and have 9 of their 11 official albums(not including GH albums) represented. the only ones not represented are Rattle and Hum, Zooropa and Pop but they make up for those by performing 2 unreleased songs(Mercy, Return of the Stingray guitar), Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me off the Batman Forever soundtrack and Miss Sarajevo off the Passengers album. All this while still managing to play 4 songs off their latest album.  That's a touring blueprint right there.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That shows a band which actually gives a shit about their fans and what they'd like to hear and that's a sampler of their legacy.

There's nothing worse than bands who shove their entire new albums and no hits down the throats of an audience, and the same goes to a pussy artist who relies too much on their back catalog and ignores newer or more obscure tracks (like soundtracks) for live performances.

Bono

Bono wrote:

This is pretty dman cool.  2 nights ago in Sydney U2 performed All I Want is You then went into a small snippet of Never Tear Us Apart followed by a  smaller snippet oif Slide Away then they break out what appears to be an impromtu performance of Love Rescue Me off of Rattle and Hum.  It's not likley spur of the moment but still very rare and very unexpected.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Man I used to love that song from Batman Forever...kinda cool that they still bust it out sometimes.

Bono

Bono wrote:

So Aussie saw U2 the other night and he hasn't said anything about it yet. Either he thought it was pure awesomeness and isn't sure how to express it or he was underwhelmed and just wants to avoid the topic altogether 16

Bono

Bono wrote:

Bono did this last year with some other Irish singers/songwriters possibly the same guys I can't remember. Clearly going by a large number of the comments on youtube though Bono is just a  fucking asshole and would've done everyone a service by staying home instead. roll  More than likley commenst made by jaded bitter losers who haven't accomplished a damn thing in their own lives.
[youtube]ZHUhyyzxktE&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Bono

Bono wrote:

I've said for years that I feel U2's One is my generations Imagine by John Lennon. Most people disgaree but whatever. I stumbled upon this tonight on youtube. I like it
smile

Bono

Bono wrote:

9  Holy shit! This is a new song that U2 played only a handful of times on their recent European tour. It hasn't been released yet and maybe ahsn't even been recoreded yet but these guys did a fucking kickass studio cover of it.  The intro rocks and is how U2 did it the first time they performed it but then in the few other performances Bono ditched the scream which sucks cause it sounds better with it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I wish No Line had been more successful so we would have got that quick follow up to it. That has probably been scrapped.

Board footer