You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: What affect did the leaks have on you?

-D- wrote:

Personally, I think I would've rated this album even higher had I not spoiled it with all those damn leaks.

Seriously, getting the album and already being burnt out on every song before u push play is not good.

So I am wondering, how great would this have been, had we not heard any leaks and had listened to this brand new in its entirety?

I have been giving this CD a bad rap, but in reality, it's because of how I already wore out all the songs before even buying it.

For instance, most albums, I usually listen to for a good year solid without getting completely burnt out. Hell, I kept Red Hot Chili Peppers Stadium Arcadium in my CD player for a year and a half before finally tiring. Same with Contraband and even Libertad.

With CD, 2 weeks and I don't care to listen anymore.  I don't think it is the quality of the music.

what do u think the affect has been on your enjoyment?

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I truly think the leaks contributed a HUGE portion of the negativity we are hearing now.  I can remember years ago when people were blown away by Chinese Democracy, Madagascar and The Blues when the "New GNR" first played them.  In 2006 people were going crazy over Better, T.W.A.T. and yes even I.R.S.  Those same people today have did a 180 acting like the songs are mediocre at best.  That's not an insult to the people saying these things simply a result of being "burned out" on songs before they were ever released.  The amount of time it took to release CD is responsible for that more than any other reason.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, it definitely killed it a bit for me. But those leaks came at a time when allot of us were really pissed off and close to giving up on all this. I know I was.

Hearing the leaks certainly restored my faith and made the wait a hell of a lot easier.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I would have liked Better & CD alot better. SOD also, although I think it's still best or 2nd best anyway. CITR I didn't like the leak, but LOVE the song now. Prostitute I hated, but now like. Maddy I would like better, and maybe TWAT.

All the other leaks I don't like then or now. IRS is ok but bland, the others are turds. As is SR & Scraped.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

when I make comments, I base things on history and time.

People saying CD is the best GNR album since AFD for me are prisoners of the moment.

in 17 years, let's see if u still say that. For me, UYI's are still awesome today as they were when I first bought them.

For CD............ I honestly don't think I will listen to it next year let a lone 17 years.

It just seems really bogged down and kind of robotic and doesn't really flow for me the way music should.... if that makes any sense.

Leaks killed Better for me as well. I hate that song now but liked it when i first heard it.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

I agree, I've already lost interest in listening to this album, and usually new albums I've been anticipating for a long time stay in my car stereo until I'm completely burnt out on them. Example - I still listen to Death Magnetic and that has been out since September, but with CD I either skip tracks or just take it out because I'm not that into it.

But I suppose you could say, with all the leaks over the years, I've almost had the full album for quite a while anyway. When we got studio leaks of Maddy, Better and The Blues I listened to them quite a lot.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Earlier versions of some of the leaks I felt were superior than what we ended up with too. I much prefer other version of CD with Brain's awesome drumming and without Ron's (although they are good) contributions. Frank's drumming kinda just plods along, while Brain does some cool bass drum kicks that give the song a killer groove.

I also preferred CITR without the 50 guitars playing different riffs over the main melody.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I really thought the leaks would've taken away from my enjoyment from the overall final album... it hasn't.

I'm enjoying the final product, as if I had never heard the leaks, to my shock. It's a fantastic album.

Now for the casuals... yes... I think the leaks had a big effect on turning people off.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

For me the leaks didn't spoil it because i didn';t listen to them everyday like some. they were just shuffled in  with everything on my ipod and itunes library.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

i didn't listen to the leaks. so it's all good for me!

Board footer