You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

Re: Fortus: GNR tour should begin in late March '09

sic. wrote:

Pale Divine to reunite in St. Louis

Former guitarist also hints at Guns N’ Roses show here
December 26, 2008

But the coming year or two with another band will keep Fortus busy and traveling, as he has been a rhythm and sometime lead guitarist with Guns N' Roses.

GN'R fans will be opening up the gift of the long-awaited "Chinese Democracy" release today, and Fortus can be heard on some of the album's cuts.

A legendary story in the world of rock was birthed on July 2, 1991, when Axl Rose stormed off the stage at Riverport Amphitheater, ticked at a photog snapping pics of him in the audience. The fans there rioted, causing loads of damage to the then-new venue.

STL fans of GN'R since have known a chance of Rose's return to the Gateway City was seemingly impossible. In fact, Fortus and Rose have a little joke about it.

"There has been talk of us doing a Love tour, a tour of all the cities where there have been riots, and doing free shows," Fortus said in a recent telephone interview. "That might happen."

The guitar player would love to do a St. Louis date, so his parents don't have to drive to Chicago or Kansas City to see him on stage with Rose and Co. Regardless, he said, late March should bring the GN'R tour, which likely will last at least two years. - The Telegraph

All those clinging to the prospects of Robin coming back aren't at their wits' end just yet. The facts are, as follows:

- NIN have finished touring for 2008. Robin's yet to add further dates to his website.

- Trent has confirmed Alessando Cortini and Josh Freese will not be joining them for the 2009 performances - whether Robin'll be there, time will tell.

- At the moment, NIN has dates lined up for an Oceanic tour in February. Whether additional dates are scheduled for early March remains to be seen.

Conclusion: On a hindsight, GNR keep postponing their first tour in 15 years with a new album (and the first CD World Tour with the actual album) to accommodate Robin's commitments to NIN. Hope nobody tells Axl NIN's likely to head to Europe in the summer...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

A two-year worldwide tour... holy fuckin' shit.

Axl - "hollaback playa"

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I thought axl's remarks on the forums definately suggested that their is potential for Robin to be back. Not that it will definately happen either way - but that the nature of their friendship/work relationship was that they hang out either for specific functions like family dinners, or when there was work to be done. Given robin had already recorded for album 2, him being in NIN wasn't a problem for GNR. At least that's the impression i had from what dexter posted. maybe I missunderstood though.

Anyway...a world tour will be awesome. Hope they come down under!!

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Good stuff. Hopefully they release the next record during the tour...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I'm hoping to go to 3-4 shows.  My priority list is:

Indiana
Detroit
Chicago
Ohio/Wisconsin/Canada?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Toronto's always a good gig ereeper smile

anyway richard's "interviews" have proven to be bullshit a couple times...i'm not holding my breath ... yet

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Well I was thinking if they hit London again.  That's not much farther then Detroit.

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:
faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Toronto's always a good gig ereeper smile

anyway richard's "interviews" have proven to be bullshit a couple times...i'm not holding my breath ... yet

Yeah this would be great news, but I wouldn't get too excited until you hear something a little more concrete.  Reading back on the history of Chinese Democracy, how many times did band members say the album was coming out?  It's certainly possible that March could be the plan, but sometimes things don't go to plan, especially in the world of GNR.

Board footer