You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: Anyone else losing interest?

Tommie wrote:

I don't know why, but I've almost completely lost interest in the band.  Once the album was released it seemed like a huge weight was lifted.  Now I just simply don't care that much anymore.  Anyone else share my feelings?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think alot of us do...the coming months will really tell a story of the fan base...but i think many are ready to walk

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, I feel that way. I think for 2 reasons, this really isn't 'the band I love'. (ie the new lineup). And 2. I think I originally joined the forums to be updated on CD's status & any news for it's potential release. Now that it's released, a tour will be cool, but other than that, not much to it. Unless you want to read about Fernando claiming Lars Ulrich is holding up the band?! Videos & shit don't interest me, personally I could go without seeing any of them.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Its understandable if people lose interest. Everyone waited for Chinese Democracy, and we finally have it. Whether or not it lived up to expectations is beside the point. We have it. Its also understandable if old school fans are tired of a merry go round of musicians being labeled GNR.

My interest is in the community here and not the band. Sure, I'd like to hear more music from the vault but its not something I absolutely need. If I had my choice of hearing whats left in the vault or a sneak preview of M.I.A.'s next album, I'll choose MIA without hesitation. I would also choose Santogold. Hell, I'd take hearing Rye Rye's debut album over a peak in the vault.

I know that might sound terrible coming from an administrator of a GNR site, but its how I feel. I'll probably always follow the GNR saga to some extent no matter how good or lame it gets because I'm a life long fan, but there are other artists I am more interested in than GNR scraps from the vault.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Don't get me wrong though guys, I'll still post all day in our off topic threads...i just get sick and tired of all the unnecessary drama associated with GnR. 

For the decade before the album came out it was different.  I had to put up with all the dumb bullshit that surrounds the band/album, now that I have the album, I'm still interested, but I don't feel obligated to pay attention to all the minute details of the soap opera.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Tommie wrote:

Don't get me wrong though guys, I'll still post all day in our off topic threads...i just get sick and tired of all the unnecessary drama associated with GnR. 

For the decade before the album came out it was different.  I had to put up with all the dumb bullshit that surrounds the band/album, now that I have the album, I'm still interested, but I don't feel obligated to pay attention to all the minute details of the soap opera.

my thoughts exactly, tommie....
i find myself lurking alot more now and posting in off topic threads... until something HAPPENS... i'm here for the community.. not so much gnr shit.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I feel the same way too, I have hardly even poked my nose into the main GN'R section of the board.  I'm really not all that interested at the moment.

We have the CD now so everything else just seems a bit tiresome.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I agree with ya too tommie. I post most every day. I mean I haven't been coming here for GN'R stuff since the Summer.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think it's just because now we have the album, the wait is over and in the current absence of a tour, there isn't much for us to obsess over. The nature of what it is to be a fan of this band has shifted....it used to be about a potential album etc etc

When it comes down to it however, this album, these songs, have been incredibily influential in my life, both in the waiting, listening to the gestation over various leaks, and in the final product which personally I really enjoy and means a lot to me.

So i'm looking forward to hear more of the CD songs played live when a tour eventually happens.

And athough I don't anticipate anything happening in the short to medium term, I'm very interested to hear any other new music that may one day be released from Axl, as CD along with his back cataloge demostrate to me he is always going to be an artist who'se works will resonate with me.

Board footer