You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Anyone else losing interest?

Axlin16 wrote:

I'll throw my name in the hat too. I'm not mad at anyone, or hate Axl or anything. It's cool. I've just moved on...

If they put another album out, great. If not, than oh well. After hearing CD, and yes I do think it's great, at the same time, I don't think i'd be missing out on anything from the vault, unless Axl has some big glorious 'big Gun' stashed away, that'll make Coma & Estranged look like small potatoes... which I highly doubt after hearing CD.

The band is a complete fucking circus, and the business management of GN'R is a fucking joke. The beggars and hangers on make GN'R a complete laughing stock, and the fact Axl clings to them sends you into even more roaring laughter. It's not that I don't like his friends. It's not about that. But NONE OF THEM should've ever been allowed 50 miles near GN'R business. Period. I'm not saying he can't eat Brazilian, or have drinks with Del, or whatever, that's cool... but Guns... there should've been a seperation.

I also can totally understand the old Gunners, who sit back and say the 'real' GN'R died in 1993. I totally get that. I watched the full Buenos Aires '93 show not long ago, and literally started tearing up. Where did THAT band go? How can I get THAT band back? I can't. It is what it is.

If new Guns tours, I won't go. I have no interest in seeing the 2002 show that I saw in 2006, again in 2009... if you know what I mean. I might be curious enough to download any bootlegs of 'new' or 'resurrected old' songs they decided perform live, just to hear what they're like... and who knows, it might peak my interest. But I doubt it.

At this point, just like the Lars Ulrich/Fernando thing... I just roll my eyes, and move on. That's the Ringling Bros. circus that GN'R has become.

I might buy any future albums still, but i'm not chewing my nails waiting for videos. I really couldn't care less.

I also don't know if i'm gonna be as quick to don the GN'R merch, knowing know after Axl's rant, that they are destined to headline Rockalohoma. They ain't exactly 'cool' anymore.

And I certaintly ain't gonna drive 4 hours round trip to a Best Buy, to pick up the next album. I did that for CD, as the end game to an era as a GN'R fan. I had to do it. Next time... pre-order on the internet, all the way.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Its understandable if people lose interest. Everyone waited for Chinese Democracy, and we finally have it. Whether or not it lived up to expectations is beside the point. We have it. Its also understandable if old school fans are tired of a merry go round of musicians being labeled GNR.

My interest is in the community here and not the band. Sure, I'd like to hear more music from the vault but its not something I absolutely need...

Good post, James.

I have the same feelings. I follow GN'R's story, cause it's more like a soap opera than anything. You know, the same things happen again and again, some new storylines, but it continues in the good old, familiar patch. I can't say I'm too interested in what's left in Axl's vault. I know he surely has some amazing songs, but based on CD, there is no reason to wait for anything. The music isn't that good and he seems to be lacking motivation.

I'm not really interested in the reunion, either. It will never be the same magic, and things will tun out the same way it happened in th past. I don't know Axl, but I really feel sorry for his career. I think he could have done more and totally missed some prime years of his career. He's my favourite singer of all time, but I don't mind if he will never release anything again. I hope the other guys fom the classic and semi-classic line-up will continue in some form, together or alone, and make some good albums. I don't wait for earth-shattering music anymore. It can happen, though.

I was thinking bout leaving the online community many times. Not cause I flt offended or anything, but it takes a lot of my time. I quite enjoy the debates on the other hand, which sometimes get very passionate about, to tell the truth, unimportant subjects. Some of my friends are laughing every time they see me reading the forums. Anywa, I'm here cause I enjoy the community. When it ends, I'll be gone. It can happen tomorrow, in a years, or never. Who knows. But one thing is sure: if there wasn't GNREvo, I would have given up a long time ago. It's a great board, thanks for it! 22

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I have the same feelings. I follow GN'R's story, cause it's more like a soap opera than anything. You know, the same things happen again and again, some new storylines, but it continues in the good old, familiar patch.

I feel exactly the same way.  I was just saying to someone the other day that I'm in a different space now regarding the CD saga compared to what I was.  I find the whole thing now highly entertaining, it's champagne comedy and I really get a kick out of watching it now, it's like a soap opera as you suggested - or a black comedy.  You couldn't possibly pay writers to come up with a script as good as the real thing. 16

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Losing interest quickly, very quickly. I'll still check in, of course.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I lost interest pretty much after the album was released.  I don't really care about this band anymore.  If they do come to my city, I'll go, but I'm not really that interested in all the BS that's gone on since the album was released.  Cool enough that Axl visited the forums, but I'm not all that bothered by it.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Yeah, my interest level is fairly low right now.  As James stated earlier it's the community that now holds my interest for the most part rather than the band.  Of course a new album, unheard tracks surfacing and a few other things could respark my interest if it were to come within a reasonable time frame.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I guess i'm lucky in that i'm really keen on both the community and the band. I'm glad to log on here each day and check out what's going on with everyone, but i'd be lying if I said I wouldn't go mental for tickets to the next tour....I'm hanging to hear more of CD played live. When i went to the 07 shows...the band came alive on the new tracks..and Axl seemed at his best on them too....

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I simply don't put as much energy into as other people. At this point whatever happens, happens. I don't feel the need to beat the lack of promotion or shows drum anymore. I just take it as it comes. I still love Guns N' Roses. This forum is my posting home and that won't change til we are kicked off the web or James forgets to pay the bills.

nugdafied wrote:

I'll always be interested in what the AFD era members are up to. I'll always come to this board as long as it includes an Axl/fakeGNRsection, a Slash/VR section & a former gunners section. I also like the subforums & dominating fantasy football:) But seriously, even though I find Axl to be an unfunny joke, Steven to be a fuckup, and Slash, Duff & Izzy to be not as exciting as they once were......the kid in me will always enjoy reading about what they are up to. This doesn't mean I'll buy their music or go to their shows(i don't, except for VR), it just means GNR made a serious impression on me as a youth & I find those guys & their lives entertaining.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Strike 3 for the admins. Just waiting on new material to surface to regain my interest.

Board footer