You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Anyone else losing interest?

Olorin wrote:

My interest is pretty much gone. Its hard to believe that Chinese Democracy has just been released and the message boards are dead. The band seems dead as well. Nobody seems to give a fuck in that camp, the release was a botched job and not a soul made any effort to get involved with the release either. (meet&greets promoting solo albums dont count)
I seen the album in the supermarket today for £7, nestling at #53 on the rack. Its right there for £7 in supermarkets and £9 or £10 in music shops, where thousands of people browse all day and its still plummeting off the radar.
I havnt heard any new songs on the radio since the couple of weeks surrounding the release either.

Seems like nobody gives a fuck anymore.

So muchfor the "monumental campaign" launch, what a fucking line that was.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Is Axl really going to emerge in a few months with a new cover and try to flog this ?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

this thread should almost be merged with something in the gnr section 16

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

The material isn't what we all hoped for. None of these songs are epic, masterpieces, mind-blowing, etc etc. We hyped it up in our minds and plus all the leaks. Once we heard those songs did anyone honestly think TWAT would be ripping on the radio? Im still hoping if a second album is released it will be better. It has to be.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

definately. I think alot of us feel this way. I mean really, look at the direction some of the threads in the Gn'R section have gone? Two of them in the last week have develped into almost entirely non Gn'R related discussions and for the most part nobody seems to care.  Gn'R as we know it now really doesn't give the fans anything to talk about so it's real tough to maintain interest. Not to mention alot of us either found the album to be subpar or have simply moved on from it even though they liked it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Is Axl really going to emerge in a few months with a new cover and try to flog this ?

Hell no. And that's the God's honest truth.

There are still some diehard, never say die, Axl nutswingers still hanging around on life support, claiming that he's going to sit back, let the initial release fail, then come swooping in, saving the day, and push it HARD with the re-release, and it'll take off.

It's bullshit. The album is dead, they know it, I know it, you know it, everyone here knows it, everyone out there knows it, Axl knows it, etc. It's is dead, dead, dead.

Just like that STUPID topic currently in the GN'R section. "Better" is starting to gain MASSIVE steam. It's nutswinging spin posts like that, that turn people off. It's total bullcrap. Just like the 9 trillion people who listened to CD on MySpace. Lies. Spin.

And what amazes me is people sit back, and say it's Azoff's fault. Huh? This has W. Axl Rose written all over it. He tied Azoff's hands, and Azoff probably will be viewed as a hero over at UMG, just for being the only man to pry that some bitch out of Axl's hands after all these years.

The "Better" video will be out in a week or so... lmao. Several of us called that bullshit from the get. Why? Because it made no fuckin' sense. The single was fuckin' dead, so now we're going to push a video? Most people with half a brain knew it was a lie from the beginning. And i'm sure there a billion excuses why it didn't happen.

Then people sit back and say the dumbest fuckin' shit about how they're waiting for Robin to get off tour with NIN, so they can make tour plans? WTF? Listen man, at the end of the day, when you're lead guitarist sticks with NIN touring, over touring to support your album that's finally came out after all these years, Robin Finck is telling GN'R fans A MILLION things they need know, and they aren't paying attention. He's basically telling you - there's no future for GN'R. It's more profitable, enjoyable, and smart in the short & long-term, to stick with Trent & NIN, than with Axl & GN'R. And they refuse to listen.

It's so sad, that there's alot of battered wives out there in the GN'R fans, that still make these excuses, and have these wild-eyed fantasies about Axl swooping in like Batman and saving the day. It's NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. It's over.

All they've got left is reunion, and after reading Axl's recent comments, I doubt it'll ever happen. BUT... then again... he did claim alot of things with CD would happen and they didn't, so maybe him hating the old guys is a lie too.

Axl doesn't have the guts for a reunion. Period.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

^^^Couldn't agree more with everything you said.

Board footer