You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Axl on Stern from 1988

faldor wrote:

Not sure if this is the right place for this, might want to move it to the ex-members section, as it isn't current news or anything.  This just occurred to me AFTER I posted it.

The last 2 weeks they've been running the History of Howard Stern Act II and on Tuesday they aired the first time Howard spoke to Axl on the phone.  I had never heard the interview before.  Here's the rundown taken from www.marksfriggin.com

THoHS:A2 - Howard Calls Axl Rose. 12/30/08. 6:25am
After that clip we heard Gary talking about how Howard never had a problem calling celebrities at hotels and stuff. Gary said he wouldn't call them at home usually but he had some moles at some hotels that would give them a heads up. Gary said they called many people over the years like Eric Clapton and Axl Rose.
That led into a K-Rock clip where Howard called Axl Rose from Guns N Roses while he was staying at some hotel. Howard had the room number and he actually got him on the line. Howard sounded surprised when he actually picked up. Axl didn't seem that upset about getting the call either. Howard figured Axl was there with a girl but Axl said he wasn't. Howard told Axl that he's been supporting them all along while other people haven't.

Howard asked Axl if he ever had Jessica Hahn. Axl didn't but he said Slash used her as a spittoon and actually spit on her. Howard asked Axl if he gets a lot of chicks. Axl said that he gets a lot of crazy people. He said they rarely last more than 24 hours.

Axl asked Howard how he got his number. Howard said that a listener sent it to him. He asked Axl when he's going to come on his show. Axl said he didn't know. Howard asked him if he's worth millions. Axl said it's not as much as he thinks. He was telling Howard to figure about $1 per album and they'd sold like 7.5 million. Howard said that it wasn't quite as much as he was figuring.

Howard and Axl spent a few minutes talking about the deals that they can make in the record business and how they have to split up the money in the band. Axl was also telling Howard some stories about the chicks he's been with. Howard said that they're all living a great life and they can have any women they want.

Howard figured that Axl has had 3 women at once. Axl pretty much confirmed it but he said that someone always gets pissed off when you have that many at the same time. Howard said that he's pretty famous himself but he's never had that. Axl said that the women always get upset when you look at other women. Those women don't pass the 24 hour test.

Axl told Howard that it was his birthday that day. They were talking about getting tattoos done and stuff like that. Howard wrapped up with Axl and told him to come in there sometime and he'll whip out the guitars and they'll perform some songs. Howard said he had to let him go a short time later. He thanked him for coming on and let him go. Howard and Robin were surprised how long he stayed on the phone. They said they weren't even looking for that. They figured that he would just hang up on them. Stuttering John was in there and Howard said John thought he put that together for them but he really just passed him the note with the number on it.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Just to add one more thing, when discussing splitting the money in the band, Howard told Axl he deserved more of the money since he wrote most of the songs and he said he only knew of him and Slash.  He asked, "what's the drummer's name?  Have him write a song for once."  Axl said they split the money evenly and Howard told him he should threaten to leave the band if they didn't give him a higher percentage.  Axl replied that he threatened to leave the band every 3 days so they probably wouldn't fall for that.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Nice find Faldor, thanks!

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

If you have a demonoid account, you can download the torrent here:

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1742661/443494/

I'm downloading it now, when I'm done I'll see if I can snip out just the Axl Rose parts and maybe put it up on rapidshare.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Interesting. Thx faldor

faldor

faldor wrote:
huntermc wrote:

If you have a demonoid account, you can download the torrent here:

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1742661/443494/

I'm downloading it now, when I'm done I'll see if I can snip out just the Axl Rose parts and maybe put it up on rapidshare.

Not sure how they categorize everything but the part with Axl aired on Dec. 30th, it was day 7 segment 1 at about 27 minutes in and runs for about 11 minutes.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Thanks to yioryo from HTGTH, this is from Dec. 1st 2008, when they discussed and played some songs from Chinese Democracy on the Stern Show.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/k79vcl

Also, Artie says he met Buckethead at his book signing, he's wrong.  He met Bumblefoot.  They showed Ron there for the book signing in New Jersey on Howard TV.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

Okay, here's the 1988 interview:

http://rapidshare.com/files/180448454/H … 8.mp3.html

Rapidshare must have changed their download terms, because it says that it can only be downloaded 10 times. If this runs out, I'll just upload it again somewhere else.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Thanks Faldor, those were the good ole days.. for both GnR and Stern. 22

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Thanks Faldor, I had almost forgot about this!

Board footer