You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: GNR go Gold

buzzsaw wrote:
BurningHills wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
BurningHills wrote:

Also - just a random thought here, but it's pretty cool regardless:

Best Buy bought roughly 2 million copies up front, right?

502,000 of those copies have been sold since November 23rd.

So, that means that in it's first month and a half of release, Best Buy has sold roughly 1/4th of it's entire stock.

That's pretty damn impressive.

At a discount and over a 6-7 week period when it was the ONLY place you could purchase it in the US.  Not so impressive.

How do you figure?

It was available at ONE store. It's been out for only 6 weeks, and 1/4th of the entire stock was sold. How is that possibly bad in any way, shape, or form?

Huh?  It was available at one store and online where anybody that wanted it could get it.  Then it was put on sale.  Soon it will be in the bargain bin.  Had best buy bought that many copies AND people could buy it anywhere, THAT would be impressive.  This isn't.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

This is great news!

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I am bored of this 'the media hates Axl' bullshit. EVERY BAND gets a lot of bad press. Even Metallica, AC/DC and Guns N' Roses. Not to mention that he drove himself and his band to this ridiculous situation with his album. The truth is that people don't care enough to buy the album, and most of who buy it, do it for the curiosity. BB is the smallest part of the low sales, it's more about the lack of promo and the fact that people don't see this band as Guns N' Roses. Tell me that a GN'R caliber band should celebrate that their long-awaited album went gold (not platinum or multi-platinum) in 6 weeks, in the strongest shopping period of the year.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

The sales numbers are quite good if I may say so. All things considered.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

People who claimed the album was going to fail miserably are just dancing around saying "I told you so!"  Even though the album really hasn't failed "miserably".  Let them have their day in the sun though.  It's quite obvious that this band can do no right at this point for some.  There's no use in trying to sway those people.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well faldor nearly 2 months to go gold isnt all that great...i expected it tbh but i dont think many others did...

regardless, like i said, its still active on the charts so thats the biggest positive at the moment

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Yeah, 6 weeks to go ONLY gold for a band of Guns N' Roses caliber... Nothing can explain it. Nothing. And Axl wanted to bury AFD... he won't even bury TSI with this album.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
DCK wrote:

The sales numbers are quite good if I may say so. All things considered.

You're right. But it's just not fun to focus on that I guess.

It's not fun to focus on that - because it's bullcrap.

A band of Guns N' Roses caliber, taking nearly two months to go GOLD on an album, especially the most anticipated album since Brian Wilson's Smile, is a monumental failure.

We can sit back and play the "what if" game all day long. I personally think, regardless of no-promotion, had the album been released through Wal-Mart, it might've surpassed Black Ice. It did 261k at Best Buy-only, and Wal-Mart has 4 times the stores Best Buy has. Just do the math. It would've probably went instant-platinum, and certaintly #1.

But "what if's" is not what the world deals in. The bottom line is it opened #3, did 261k opening week, and took two months to go Gold. For GUNS N' ROSES - that's horrible, even in 2008/09.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

"Of Guns N Roses caliber you say", when half the the world debates and are unsure if this is Guns N Roses at all.

If a GNR album with original members sold that amount I would be agreeing and wondering what the hell went wrong.

Board footer