You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Who should be GNR's next lead guitarist? (If needed)

Gunslinger wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Back on topic:

Carlos Cavazo

What's sad is I had to google his name, and then was shocked I didn't remember who the hell he is.

Interesting choice.

Don't feel bad James, most people wouldn't recall that name.  If you remember "Battle Axe" from Quiet Riot's Metal Health you are well aware of the level he can play at.  During the 90s his style changed a bit on albums like Terrified, Down to the Bone and Alive and Well to a more "modern sound".  Sometimes that is a bad term but in his case it was more of a fine-tuning his capabilities rather than abandoning what he had already accomplished.  The result was a guitarist who played at a much higher level than the band he was a part of were capable.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

CC will never be part of GnR....axl would kill him on stage after one of his random solo spots 16

Axl could cover Metal Health 9

Sky Dog wrote:

I don't think Axl will get yet another guitar player....as he said, he considers the band to be the guys that played on the album. Thus, I think your guitar players will be some form of combo between Bumble, Bucket, Robin, Paul, and Richard.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

CC will never be part of GnR....axl would kill him on stage after one of his random solo spots 16

Axl could cover Metal Health 9

Now THAT would fucking rule! 9:rock:

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

You guys figure Axl's ego would allow him to ever go with an unheard of guy. That'd be the best approach in my oinion. Bring a guy in who has no expectaions on him whatsoever. I'm sure Axl could hold auditions and get a  shitload of deadly guitar players to show up that nobody has ever heard of.

Didn't he sort of do that with Bumblefoot.  He wasn't exactly a household name when he joined the group, in fact he hasn't even become a household name since he joined.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

Jason Bieler?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i think axl's ego is the reason we didn't get a super group
that's what would have been best for sales

axl and bunch of other icons

instead, he has something he can control in every way
there's a lot of talent there, don't get me wrong

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

For those reasons right there war, I think is the reason you'll never see Izzy full-time on rhythm again. Founding member, too many ties to "the band", and will never allow Axl, or anyone for that matter, to dictate to him.

Axl could be the nicest guy around, but it's obvious he wants 'employees'. In his eyes, I think he feels it's the only way he can control the final product of his vision of GN'R.

Anybody that has these ties, I think makes it increasingly complicated to move forth. Thus the reason I don't think you'll ever see Dave Navarro, Zakk Wylde, Izzy, Gilby, Brian May, Snake Sabo, Kim Thayil, or anyone else from "back in the day" in the new Guns.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I've long thought that Doug Aldrich (who's presently with whitesnake but gets around) would be an intresting choice for GNR.

He has a very strong blues vibe to his playing (ala Slash/Robin) yet also has a very capiable technical shred side for breaking out of the blues box. In whitesnake he's more than happy to be a co-lead guitarist and share solos and stuff, so I think that he'd be comftorable with the shared guitar duties in GNR.

I think the future of this band also is heavily concerned with bumble. I know he doesnt get a lot of love round here, but he is a technically amazing player, and its he who added all those rhythm parts and polish that got the guitar parts of the album up to release standard for Axl.

Bumble and Aldrich would blow my mind.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I fuckin' loved Lion & Bad Moon Rising. Doug Aldrich would be a great choice.

Board footer