You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Who should be GNR's next lead guitarist? (If needed)

gnfnraxl wrote:

If such a thread already exists I'm sorry.  Assuming that Robin Finck doesn't come back and that Axl wants another lead guitarist.  Who would be on your shopping list?

Me my shopping list would look like this.

Zakk Wylde: If I was Axl I'd give this another try.  GNR would be perfect for Zakk cause he's still be able to go on with Black Label Society without a problem since GNR's activities are very distanced.

Steve Vai: The guy dealt with DLR and David Coverdale so dealing with a lead singer with an ego isn't a problem for him.

Paul Gilbert:  That guy is too talented to look past him.

John 5:  Same as Paul Gilbert.

Marty Friedman:  Nobody can deny his talent.  Would be a great addition.

And last but not least Buckethead:  I'd give it another shot to lure him in.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

Slash.

(Sorry, I had to do it smile )

Sky Dog wrote:
gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
skippy wrote:

Slash.

(Sorry, I had to do it smile )

Yeah but that was too obvious.  *lol*

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

Elvis's guitarist?  Interesting choice and an unexpected one.

Sky Dog wrote:
-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Slash

if we are talking just new guys..... u Have bumble, so I don't know how another shredder type fits the bill...............

Certainly have bumble and bucket on stage at the same time would probably cause the universe to self destruct just from the shear power.

How bout Dave "Snake" Sabo

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Snake Sabo,  14  Be serious man...

1. Buckethead
2. Slash
3. John 5
4. Don't give a shit

gnfnraxl wrote:

If such a thread already exists I'm sorry.  Assuming that Robin Finck doesn't come back and that Axl wants another lead guitarist.  Who would be on your shopping list?

Me my shopping list would look like this.

Zakk Wylde: If I was Axl I'd give this another try.  GNR would be perfect for Zakk cause he's still be able to go on with Black Label Society without a problem since GNR's activities are very distanced.

The problem with Zakk, is Zakk is of a personality like Steven Adler or Matt Sorum. Zakk wouldn't think twice about getting in Axl's face, and not pulling any punches.

Although Zakk speaks positively of Axl, so maybe it could be different. Zakk's got BLS or Ozzy (depending on the situation) to keep him busy during the downtime, so maybe it wouldn't be a big deal, the guranteed 'downtime'.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

John 5

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Are we assuming that this version of GNR would tour too?  If that's the case, I don't think Zakk would last very long since he would get pissed about the late starting time of the concerts.  He'd probably drink himself silly waiting for Axl to show up.

I second the Marty Friedman suggestion.  Tornado of Souls solo kills.

Board footer