You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Is CD still in regular rotation on your stereo?

bigbri wrote:

Whole thing is in my iPod, and when it shuffles to one of the songs, I love it. I haven't sought it out, however. I may again soon.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

IRS, Better, If the World, Sorry, Scraped, Chinese Democracy, Shacklers and the Prostitute and Riad demos are in my playlist now. And Shotgun blues owns and it is also on there with another fan favorite Bad Apples.

The rest of the album I listen to but not as much. Once and a while the remaining songs will be thrown on but those above get the most spins.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

more testament to the diversity of the gnr catalogue - i think shotgun blues is the worst song on uyi2, other than 'my world. you and neemo both like it.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

i like shotgun blues and my world.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I had it in for a few days but I skipped just about every other song.

The more I listen, the more realize how average this CD truly is minus a couple really good songs.

The album is just uneven. Axl is a 9 but the other guys are like a 5 and it makes for a very unbalanced album.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

I had it in for a few days but I skipped just about every other song.

The more I listen, the more realize how average this CD truly is minus a couple really good songs.

The album is just uneven. Axl is a 9 but the other guys are like a 5 and it makes for a very unbalanced album.

Now this I agree with. I think there's many people that are taking their grievances to Axl's doorstep, and really I think Axl, open-minded now, is the strongest link on the album.

Only with Riad do I feel he's the weakest link. Instrumentally, it's a great track.

Bucket's guitar work wows me. Bumble's in places too. Even Pitman's synth. The rest - a..a..a..a..v..erage.

war

war wrote:

but because most blame axl for breaking up the original band everyon waits in line to bash axl for a less than perfect album in thier eyes.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

That's because most people in this world are passive/conformists regardless what they think of themselves, and instead of looking at the problem and saying "why do you make YOURSELF a problem", they look at an Axl and blame him for refusing to work with it, and accept it.

But with that being said, I can say it's fair when you plan to continue band on with only two members, you're putting your artistic neck on the line, and if it's anything short of perfect, you're a failure.

war

war wrote:

my point being that i agree with your rating which i would sum up as a better than average and sometimes brilliant album yet few are happy with it.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Well the casuals can't be really counted for an opinion. I'm sorry, but they have proven they aren't valid.

I've seen plenty of people who still though Slash was in the band, praise tracks such as Sorry, This I Love & Prostitute, and suddenly when they're told "Slash quit in '96", they revert to 'it sucks'.

What's scary about CD is, the NEW BAND FANS are reacting with disappointment, so that's certaintly when my curiousity was peaked. I personally still feel it's an amazing album, better than the Illusion's. But that's just me. If the Illusion's were combined into one record, than CD would fall short.

Board footer