You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Is CD still in regular rotation on your stereo?

-D- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Well the casuals can't be really counted for an opinion. I'm sorry, but they have proven they aren't valid.

I've seen plenty of people who still though Slash was in the band, praise tracks such as Sorry, This I Love & Prostitute, and suddenly when they're told "Slash quit in '96", they revert to 'it sucks'.

What's scary about CD is, the NEW BAND FANS are reacting with disappointment, so that's certaintly when my curiousity was peaked. I personally still feel it's an amazing album, better than the Illusion's. But that's just me. If the Illusion's were combined into one record, than CD would fall short.

I don't think u can say CD is better than the UYI's.

U are a comparing something "New" to something 17 years old, so the newer fresher thing for a while will seem better but how will it be in 17 years?

I was tired of it after about 2 weeks.

First day of release? HELL YEAH I was so excited I had every song a 9 or better.

If I did those same ratings now, after a couple months of digesting them, the ratings would be much much lower.
the songs just don't hold up over time.

CD has nothing close to NR, DC, Coma, Estranged,Civil WarLocomotive,Dont Damn Me or YCBM.  for me, all the CD rock songs are on par with maybe something like Bad Obsession or Dead Horse whereas the ballads are closer to maybe Breakdown which is a great song but it doesn't have the ingredients to make them all time classics

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Agree to disagree

If The World
TWAT
Catcher
Sorry
Madagascar
This I Love
and - Prostitute

is on par with ANYTHING off the Illusion's.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i prefer cd to uyi1
i prefer cd to uyi2
if i took the best of the uyi's it would be different but it would still be close

nr is one of the most overrated songs in rock n roll istory IMO
i would much rather listen to til than NR

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

axlin08 your favorite songs are similar to mine

my playlist:

catcher
sorry
if the world
irs
til

madagascar would be on there if i could stand the studio vocals

-D-

-D- wrote:

Yeah but once again, NR is so worn out.............. it makes it hard to properly judge.

same with like WTTJ. I mean after hearing it 1 million times and at every sporting event, it is hard to independently put that song on yourself cause u are just sick of it. so that skewers things.

I will say this:

Madagascar is one of my fave GNR songs EVER. I have listened to it for 8 years now and still love it.

Sorry is good, If the World i give u that one also

TWAT musically is great but I feel Axl drops the ball for the first 3/4 of the song until the amazing outro. the verses and lyrics just for me make no fucking sense at all.

Catcher has some of the greatest melodies, lyrics and piano.synth stuff of any GNR song in history.

Guitar is just fucking ridiculously horrible though and takes the song from a masterpiece to a fucking clusterfuck.  This is what Estranged would sound like without Slash.

I'd love a piano/snyth,drum only version of that song.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Madagascar is one of my fave GNR songs EVER. I have listened to it for 8 years now and still love it.

It took me a long time to actually get what this song is talking about and how the soundbites and everything fit into the context of Axl's life.  I think it suffers from the subpar Axl vocal work and the placement at the back end of the album.  I just get tired from listening to all those other epics.

Agreed on this.

TWAT musically is great but I feel Axl drops the ball for the first 3/4 of the song until the amazing outro. the verses and lyrics just for me make no fucking sense at all.

I think of the exact opposite of this song.  I dig like the lyrics and the first 2/3 of the song.  However, the last 1/3 just bores me and I end up not caring about the song.  I'm probably the only one who has this opinion though.

Catcher has some of the greatest melodies, lyrics and piano.synth stuff of any GNR song in history.

Guitar is just fucking ridiculously horrible though and takes the song from a masterpiece to a fucking clusterfuck.  This is what Estranged would sound like without Slash.

Yes!  I'd also add that the wailing backing vocals (check around 3:04) and some of the piano work adds to the clusterfuck of the song.  I also believe the guitar is mixed too high at some points and drowns out Axl's beautiful vocal melodies.  It's too bad as the last verse is truly brilliant but gets kind of overshadowed by the wanky guitar solo.

-D-

-D- wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

It took me a long time to actually get what this song is talking about and how the soundbites and everything fit into the context of Axl's life.  I think it suffers from the subpar Axl vocal work and the placement at the back end of the album.  I just get tired from listening to all those other epics.

Agreed on this.

I think of the exact opposite of this song.  I dig like the lyrics and the first 2/3 of the song.  However, the last 1/3 just bores me and I end up not caring about the song.  I'm probably the only one who has this opinion though.

Yes!  I'd also add that the wailing backing vocals (check around 3:04) and some of the piano work adds to the clusterfuck of the song.  I also believe the guitar is mixed too high at some points and drowns out Axl's beautiful vocal melodies.  It's too bad as the last verse is truly brilliant but gets kind of overshadowed by the wanky guitar solo.

100 percent spot on with the Catcher outro comment.  I couldn't have said it better

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

nr is one of the most overrated songs in rock n roll istory IMO
i would much rather listen to til than NR

wow...really? i mean NR is old and "worn out" sure its like almost 20 years old....but i find that TIL is sooooo i dunno opera or something, its soo cheesy IMO..NR kicks some serous ass....when they hit that outro its amazing

TIL is a bore fest and it kinda plods along and goes nowhere with axl doing a bad meatloaf impression for most of it

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
D-Machine wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

100 percent spot on with the Catcher outro comment.  I couldn't have said it better

i disagree...if anything i find that Axl has tried to place too many vocal melodies on this album..id love to hear a remix it bringing more of the bass and guitars to the front and muting some of the piano, synth and vocal melodies (or just dropping them altogether)

catcher is quickly becoming my fav track on the album wink

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I can't believe people think NR is worn out.

If anything is worn out on the ballads, it's SCOM.

Board footer