You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Guitar Hero III-wow

Sky Dog wrote:

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/gui … er/1278866

wonder how much Slash is getting for this? The publishing money for WTTJ must be ridiculous as well. 13

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i was under the impression for GH 1 & 2 that they purchased  the rights up front....so i dunno if bands get any revenue from product sales...definately a shift in the music biz commisions though

the whole genre of these games is huge and ongoing with internet downloadable tracks and expansion modules

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think band's get royalties off those games. Otherwise Activision would never make a dime.

Like Neemo, I was under the impression, they licensed a one time payout. But then again, TV shows heavy on music, such as "Miami Vice", had to re-license for DVD releases, so I dunno.

Sky Dog wrote:

I dunno either, but in the future you can be damn well sure the artists who are the big draw will be asking for a cut of the profits and not a one time up front payout.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

yeah it may have changed even for GH III to be honest because in GH3 you started seeing more originals being used (Even in GH 80's)...with GHI and GH2 there was only a few cuz their budget was used up on originals then they had to bring in a band to cover the other tracks...

and GH2 was very successful so i wouldnt be shocked if the biz savvy execs and managers asked for a percentage of sales to allow use of an original cut from any one particular band. of course its all just guesses on my part 19

Sky Dog wrote:

makes sense though

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Whatever happened to RockBand2? Is that still around?

My brother has just got GH for the playstation 3 and the drums, guitar kit. Caught him beating off to Livin on a Prayer the other day.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

yeah its around but walmart really seems to be pushing GH World Tour

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Rockband 2 isn't even out in the UK yet I don't think. GH World Tour is really getting a push over here though.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

tis out on the 360 in the uk.

Board footer