You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Interesting Post-MyGnr 6/20/2008-Future albums Speculation

Sky Dog wrote:

"There IS NO FINAL COPY OF CHINESE DEMOCRACY. Several CDs of material were turned into the label, and are now out of Axl's hands. Read what you will into that, but the album has not hit the presses. If it had, we'd all have the entire thing by now.

The hysterical conviction of people who have no fucking clue what they're talking about it astonishing, and reminds me why religion is so poisonous, but the masses willing to follow them with eyes clenched tight are just pitifully funny.

Kids, love it or hate it, these are the finished songs. No matter what anybody tries to spin otherwise, whatever smug "insider" is gonna laugh and say I'm part of some GNR misinformation machine, the simple fact is that we leaked the songs, we know where they came from, and that enables me to say with unwavering certainty that these are 9 of many, many finished new GNR songs to come.
I may be "some guy" to the rest of you, but I'm here to set the record straight, and that's what I've been doing. You people are the hardest-core GNR fans there are, and I don't take that shit lightly. But despite the fact that I have a professional journalistic reputation of ironclad honesty, I know I can't convince the people who have gotten used to a steady diet of horsheshit to swallow what I say with no questions asked. So I guess you'll have to wait and see. " Johnny Firecloud

Now, 1. Axl has confirmed that Gnr is still signed with Universal.
        2. We know the album was not mastered until October of this year.
        3. The Best Buy deal happened very fast and allegedly Axl and the record company got a very nice payday out of it.
        4. Axl clearly said he is not happy with a bunch of things and there is an indication from some industry insiders that the final release of the album and the final mastered product was not approved by Axl.
       5. It is not coincidental that the album contains all the leaked studio songs. In other words, the record company had more control over the tracklist and wanted to dump all leaked studio songs. The Best Buy deal came quick, the album booklet was slapped together quick. Axl not happy. Is this the Best Buy version of the album? Hmmm.

* my whole point is that I think Axl has washed his hands with all of this and turned ALL the material over to Uni. Uni now has the power to release what they want, when they want. Since people like Coldplay are reissuing albums fairly quickly, Axl may be able to get more of his version out there. But, ultimately, all the material being in the hands of the record company is a good thing for the fans.  I have more to say, but this is a start. 10

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Who's gonna buy this album twice?!

Personally, what I get out of this, is that the label  was given a bunch of stuff, and in their best interest would have chosen pretty much the best of the bunch to sell well & have an impact. Doesn't bode well for hopes & expectations in future albums.

Sky Dog wrote:

read my just added point 5.........all leaked songs just happened to be on the album.....there is much more to the story than you think Pasnow...just my opinion.

and I don't want this to be a thread about sales! Future release possibilities and the dirty dealings only.....:haha:

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Who's gonna buy this album twice?!

Personally, what I get out of this, is that the label  was given a bunch of stuff, and in their best interest would have chosen pretty much the best of the bunch to sell well & have an impact. Doesn't bode well for hopes & expectations in future albums.

I'd buy the album again if it's reissued with new covers, improved booklet, etc.  Heck, I'll buy a few more copies of the current CD if Best Buy throws it in the bargain bin for $5 and give them to friends who just don't buy CD's anymore.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

read my just added point 5.........all leaked songs just happened to be on the album.....there is much more to the story than you think Pasnow...just my opinion.

and I don't want this to be a thread about sales! Future release possibilities and the dirty dealings only.....:haha:

I wonder if the issue of the leaks will ever be resolved.  Where they came from?  Why they came when they came?  I don't think Axl helped the cause by playing the tracks in public at parties, bars, etc.  For a long time it was thought that the leaks were intentional to keep the buzz going and drum up more interest.  Do people still feel that way?

Sky Dog wrote:

I believe the 2008 leaks may have come from someone at Universal. Remember Gnr's official statement about the arrest. They weren't interested in the Skwerl guy and had no hand in his arrest. They were only interested in who leaked the tracks to him.:thumbup:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

CD might be a leaks album as far as song TITLES go, but Firecloud was WRONG. The June 2008 leaks were NOT the final versions. Still had massive doses of Bucket & Brain, and the final album in November, featured contributions from Ron & Frank, as well as a couple vocals tweaks from Axl.

So he's wrong there, which leads me to believe the whole thing.

If all of this has been turned over to Universal, the new question becomes - how much? Did he turn over two albums worth, or the rumored four albums all these years?

If Universal is sitting on this material, they need to not even bother with a re-release for CD. They need to just start prepping album two and after that album three, and album four, etc.

Sky Dog wrote:

yes he was wrong about that but all nine songs were on the cd and like I said the album was not mastered until October. Someone at Uni may have thought those tracks were final versions and still could have known that all the finished material was turned in. Point is, Axl may not be completely in control anymore...which is good for getting material, whether or not it ends up being Gnr material or solo material. The Best Buy deal just seems like a way to earn a quick buck and clean the slate for hopefully, potential future releases.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I was talking about this a couple months ago....i think they have tried to release an album to clean the slate...try to get some mystique back, so the next album they release will be all totally new stuff

whether axl agreed to it or geffen went over his head i dunno...something is up though with that...from what iunderstand is that Axl has some degree of creative control over what happens with the material though so i'm kinda on the fence as to whether this post you quoted has any real substance or not

Sky Dog wrote:

tough to tell but alot of it seems legit after the way things went down over the last month or so...The fact they are still under contract with Uni shows me that future releases are intended.

Board footer