You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Interesting Post-MyGnr 6/20/2008-Future albums Speculation

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Who's gonna buy this album twice?!

Personally, what I get out of this, is that the label  was given a bunch of stuff, and in their best interest would have chosen pretty much the best of the bunch to sell well & have an impact. Doesn't bode well for hopes & expectations in future albums.

If this is indeed true, then I certainly feel sorry for Axl and would explain his reluctance to give this album a serious push. I do understand why they would want the leaks out of the way, but whatever vision Axl had for this originally should have been put into effect.

Regardless, I hope that if/when a second album materializes, they go an unconventional route with its release. Maybe something like a mix between NIN and the Radiohead strategy, but with Uni backing it in some aspect. Those who want it can easily get it no hassles, and those that don't give a shit need not bother and wont even have to hear about it. Market it towards the hardcores and embrace this young generation of downloaders, and for obvious reasons this would need to coincide with a tour.

People shouldn't be so quick to write off the entire project as dead. Been a few bad decisions made so far that didn't help things obviously, but with the right strategy Axl could keep the Chinese Democracy era of GNR on the scene for 2 or 3 years.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

The "Axl Chinese Democracy", the album what never come...this album is from universal.

The general, A lot of guys are thinking "Could be a great song" but...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
2008 Intentions wrote:

The "Axl Chinese Democracy", the album what never come...this album is from universal.

i find the mix a bit dense at times...but IMO the best way to fix it would be stripping out parts of each song....and i doubt axl will do that

the guy who mixed it already commented, he had said that the album was basically remixed and that any minor adjustment he made threw things out of whack, and that he did like a mix then a compressed mix or soemthing....

If Axl has an alternate mix of this album i'd check it out....and i wouldnt rule out alternate relases of it either...its the way of the biz these days

russtcb wrote:

Good to see we're back to "insiders" sharing their wisdom.

it beats talkign about U2 16

Sky Dog wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Good to see we're back to "insiders" sharing their wisdom.

and who exactly is claiming to be an "insider"? Most of my speculation is based off Axl comments....some of it happens to jive with the Firecloud guy.....I SAID SPECULATION THREAD.:/

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Come on dude, "interesting post at forum". It's an insider thread! I think we know how to spot em by now. 16

As to the thread subject, I just don't have the energy anymore.

Sky Dog wrote:

it's really more about potential future releases....you aren't required to read it.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I'm not complaining, just calling it what I think it is.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i still think they are waiting for the best buy exlusivity to end before they can release the "axl version" and start doing shows and interviews, and maybe even videos and new merchandizing.

Out of all of the little bits and pieces that we are left with to specualte on I just can't look past the fact that axl was whoring himself out all over the place as recently as '06 when he thought the album was coming out and like he had done in the past. now, all of the sudden that it is out, he's not interested in promoting it. They weren't talking to best buy in '06.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:
madagas wrote:

read my just added point 5.........all leaked songs just happened to be on the album.....there is much more to the story than you think Pasnow...just my opinion.

I think we're looking at it backwards. The songs weren't on the album because they had already leaked, I think those songs (Better, IRS, TWAT, SOD, CD, Maddy) leaked because they were intended to be the core of the first album for quite some time now. These were the ones that were shared with various representatives of Geffen/Universal over the years because these were the songs that they needed to hear, to approve of the progress of the album. Stuff that's being saved for album #2 has probably been heard by far fewer people simply because they don't need to hear it yet, and it also has reduced the chance of it leaking.

The only exception may be Catcher. I believe at some point Axl said he was saving it for album #2, but if speculation about it leaking from Brian May's camp is true, this may have caused him to change his mind.

Board footer