You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

James wrote:
Paxcow wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I dont believe Axl is mentally ill. I have looked at his behaviour over the years, heard his lyrics, read the accounts of people around him and have for some time I have suspected him as being on the autistic spectrum.
I could write a bloody book explaining why I suspect this. I also think he got diagnosed during the years in the wilderness and to me this explains why people around him are much more understanding of his unusual behaviour nowadays.
Even if he isnt, I'd still wager he has been diagnosed with a neurological condition rather than a mental illness.

wow! so now axl is rainman? 14
if only my imagination were as colorful as yours.

Nowhere in that post did he insinuate that Axl is Rain Man.

If you're gonna respond to posts like that, at least use your brain and offer a real rebuttal so he(or anyone) can respond. These confrontational one or two sentence posts just don't 'cut the mustard' around here.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

So, where the fuck is this video anyway?

15 years for a live version of Better eh?

Can't wait for the "Its better than NR posts" LOL

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

There is no fuckin' video... roll

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

Wherever it is at the moment, it needs to be placed in the vault never to be seen. The song has already peaked on the charts. releasing a video at this point for Better would be a disaster.

If he is serious, he needs to get the third single on the launch pad. Unfortunately since they apparently are interested in live footage they have limited themselves to what song they can use. Sorry is certainly out of the question. Even Riad is unless he wants to use 2001-02 footage.

I think the best hope for a video at this point is if some upcoming summer blockbuster wants one of the songs on a soundtrack and then Axl can make a video that only consists of movie footage.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

The song has already peaked on the charts. releasing a video at this point for Better would be a disaster.

If this is true it's pathetic. I just heard Better on local radio for the first time yesterday. Keep in mind I'm in a  truck all day with the radio going.  Says all you need to know about the interest this album generated. Next to ZERO. I haven't heard CD on radio in weeks.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Just which of the remaining songs would be suitable for a summer blockbuster movie anyway?  Shackler's Revenge or Scraped seems likely for an action film.  This I Love could be used in a romance I guess.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

Wherever it is at the moment, it needs to be placed in the vault never to be seen. The song has already peaked on the charts. releasing a video at this point for Better would be a disaster.

If he is serious, he needs to get the third single on the launch pad. Unfortunately since they apparently are interested in live footage they have limited themselves to what song they can use. Sorry is certainly out of the question. Even Riad is unless he wants to use 2001-02 footage.

I think the best hope for a video at this point is if some upcoming summer blockbuster wants one of the songs on a soundtrack and then Axl can make a video that only consists of movie footage.

Limiting yourself to six songs of fourteen is embarassing. Anything not performed live is out, which axes over half the album, Riad is out because it hasn't been performed in the 2006-07 era, CD & Better are dead, which basically leaves Street of Dreams, TWAT, IRS & Madagascar, and Maddy is probably out because it'd be necessary to license videos to go with the samples within the video, which would cost more money. So basically Street, TWAT & IRS. Street & IRS are B-sides, which simply leaves TWAT. And even with that - what do they have, TWO performances of footage to pick from, NYC '06 & Madrid '06?

The only way this works, is if TWAT is released as a single for a soundtrack, and they place in a few band shots, and Axl singing from NYC & Madrid, and primarily construct, like you said, the video out of footage from the movie.

Which then begs the question... what movie would it work on? It'd have to be something epic in nature. You couldn't stick TWAT on something like H2 or some shit.

slashsfro wrote:

Just which of the remaining songs would be suitable for a summer blockbuster movie anyway?  Shackler's Revenge or Scraped seems likely for an action film.  This I Love could be used in a romance I guess.

No one is going to construct a music video with JUST movie footage. They'll HAVE to edit some band appearence in their, just so it makes sense, and is presented professionally.

They're limited to only about 5 songs off the album, and in reality - just one. TWAT.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They really wouldn't even have to appear in the video. Shackler's would make a great soundtrack to an Asian Animated video. He also mentioned something about using Mickey Rourke in a SR video. Axl's got enough members to make a "band" video. But I don't see it being a huge deal. This band doesn't have an identity outside Axl, anyway. Hasn't since Bucket left. So what's the sense of using old concert footage?

P.R. Brown can make a pretty killer video with no big production, too.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

They really wouldn't even have to appear in the video. Shackler's would make a great soundtrack to an Asian Animated video. He also mentioned something about using Mickey Rourke in a SR video. Axl's got enough members to make a "band" video. But I don't see it being a huge deal. This band doesn't have an identity outside Axl, anyway. Hasn't since Bucket left. So what's the sense of using old concert footage?

P.R. Brown can make a pretty killer video with no big production, too.

Well one Bumble is on the big solo, which would be key in showing off your guitarist, and two if you're gonna use stock concert footage to compose a video, one would think they'd have to use footage with live performances of the studio songs that are being played, and synch it up.

"It's not a huge deal". Come on... Axl Rose would make a pepperoni sandwich a big deal.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer