You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: What Are You Listening To?

Axlin16 wrote:

I've been listening to the trainwreck that is Queensryche out of curiosity. I always thought Rage For Order was overrated and stand by that, but it's got a couple singles on it. But flat out Operation: Mindcrime and Empire was their moment in the sun. To a lesser extent Promised Land, but you could already hear the decline, and that was really it. They just flat lined. I did hear signs of life in their American Soldier album, which might've been their best work since their heyday, but it was just a fleeting head-scratcher of "why can't they always do this?"

Everybody is raving about the new Todd LaTorre-fronted Queensryche being "the old 'Ryche", and LaTorre being Tate in his prime, but honestly? I just don't hear it. For the most part, even a weakened Tate still sings HIS songs better than LaTorre, and even with Tate's older, fatter, diva-er mistakes live, LaTorre has utterly no stage prescence, almost akin to a grunge singer, just standing on stage with no charisma, doing the best job he can. LaTorre is no slouch, and although Queensryche 2013 is probably their best work since American Soldier, this whole thing with this band is really odd. Tate is no better without the band, and the band is no better without Tate, and neither of them is anything together.

I think in hind-sight had they just stopped chasing the dollar, took a break like alot of the Seattle rock bands, and culled their material to 2-3 albums of material basically since Empire... their reputation would still be in tact.

Sometimes less is more.

...and for old times sake

Complete bad assery -- still. 9

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Only ever listened to Operation: Mindcrime. Still holds up.

NoKnownName
 Rep: 11 

NoKnownName wrote:

Previously: Three Dollar Yall$ by Limp Bizkit. What a piece garbage.
Now:

NoKnownName
 Rep: 11 

NoKnownName wrote:

Previously: Three Dollar Yall$ by Limp Bizkit. What a piece garbage.
Now: Rage Against the Machine S/T

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

One of the best songs from the 70s.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Good original song featuring Chris Buck, a young talent Alan Niven is working with (he's also played a couple of times with Slash).  Some sweet guitar playing and the signer Sally has some good pipes on her too.

AtariLegend wrote:

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

One of their best performances and one of the absolute best covers. smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Been listening to Eminem MMLP2 since it came out pretty much non stop.

Board footer