You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: What Are You Listening To?

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

Holy shit....

Until last night I had completely forgotten about this song's existence. Unbelievable.

It was a nice adrenaline shot of nostalgia. It'll be my new favorite song... for a few days anyways.

Been listening on YouTube but I'm gonna download the album.

Great song. Love the band. Divine Hammer is probably my favorite. Kind of crazy that Kim was able to start a band with her sister who didn’t know a lick of guitar and still make quality, radio friendly songs.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

See I view this as a 90s staple, not a forgotten gem, but I can see it. I really loved these types of 90s 1 hit wonders (hate to belittle them with that term). Hum - Stars & Toadies Possum Kingdom are others.  Filter was more of a slightly lasting band but Nice Shot is another.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It's definitely one of the great songs of the early 90s which is why I was shocked I had forgotten about it.

I never actually owned the album back then and since it quickly dropped off the map, I guess it was easy to slip out of my view.

There's a batshit crazy live version on YouTube....

That's some heavy shit.

James

James wrote:

I can't believe I'm just now hearing this version for the first time....

That's incredible. It gives the song a completely different vibe. It was already one of my favorite REM songs. I wish they had released it like this.

imsorry wrote:

Really digging this guy, nice guitar solo.

James

James wrote:

I had no idea there was an alternate take 11 minute demo of Harlem Shuffle.

It's awesome. Tom Waits backing vocals are much higher in the mix on this take.

I wish shit like this could've come out back then. I would've creamed over all these demos and alternate takes  from my favorite bands in my youth.

Yeah we got to hear some material back then... but not the treasure trove that exists today. I guess it just wasn't practical to expect fans to pay 20 bucks for a CD of outtakes.

Here's another discovery from a couple days ago....

It's the demo of Ignoreland...one of my favorite REM songs. It's awesome.

It's like GNR's Quick Song demo....an instrumental with Stipe coming in a few times with scratch vocals.

This would've been a real treat to hear in 93.

James

James wrote:

Another huge hit I had forgot existed until last night.

I'm gonna have to go through the Billboard charts and see any other potential gems I missed.

I have almost every song I like in my collection but obviously some slipped through the cracks.

James

James wrote:

Life is so fucked up. Buckley's voice silenced forever just because he decided to take a swim one night.

Like Woody Allen said..... we're all hanging by a thread.

James

James wrote:

Only Maiden song I ever liked.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Now that’s a classic James. Hallowed Be Thy Name is another good one. Frankly one of the best metal songs ever recorded.

Not sure how i discovered this band The Poodles, but this is a damn good pop metal song. They’re from Sweden, so I guess Europe overshadowed them.

Try not to like this.

Board footer