You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Former GN'R Manager Alan Niven Counters Axl's Claims

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah but he is relevant for being a reality TV star not a musician.

I got to read this a little more. Interesting shit. Everyone should tell their side of the story.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

nah, bret micheals is nowhere near the league of Axl

Axl is probably slightly below the Motley Crue level right now. their records probably sold about the same.

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

If I say I don't need anyone
I can say these things to you
'Cause
I can turn on any one
Just like I turned on you
I've got a tongue like a razor
A sweet switchblade knife
And I can do you favors
But then you'll do whatever I like

hmmm.....foreshadowing.....

Not really, considering the fact Bret Michaels is more relevant than Axl Rose at this point.

You have to be kidding...dumbest comment you have ever made. Seriously and no disrespect. Gnr and Axl Rose, who last time I checked was in the original version of Gnr as well, still sells way way way way more records a year than Bret Michaels ever will (and Motley Crue for that matter). Axl still has publishing rights that are worth way way way way more than Bret Michaels will EVER make doing whatever it is he fucking does. Dude, you just drew a line in the sand.:headbang::flame::mosh:

and ps, I am quite sure that Motley Crue's last studio album did not sell 2,000,000 worldwide in the first two months of release and I am sure it is not even Gold in the US.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Poison had to offer free tickets to people who bought cans of nacho cheese to put asses in seats on their tour last year. AFD rehash or not, Axl will never have to rely on canned cheese to advance his career.

That Motley record was a clusterfuck of biblical proportions. I think it sold around 100,000 copies, and they promoted it everywhere, including Larry King.

Those verses in Rocket Queen are a great example of his songwriting talent. You can get an entirely different meaning from what was intended.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Poison had to offer free tickets to people who bought cans of nacho cheese to put asses in seats on their tour last year. AFD rehash or not, Axl will never have to rely on canned cheese to advance his career.

That Motley record was a clusterfuck of biblical proportions. I think it sold around 100,000 copies, and they promoted it everywhere, including Larry King.

Those verses in Rocket Queen are a great example of his songwriting talent. You can get an entirely different meaning from what was intended.

16 Nacho Cheese? That's funny. Never heard of that. Gn'R did try and give away free tickets though to whoever turned in their firearms in Oakland though no?  Still macho cheese? That's bad.

I'd rather go see Poison though these days than "Gn'R"

Sky Dog wrote:

Bono, that is flat out treason....I would think a U2 fan would have better taste than that. Seriously.

Bono

Bono wrote:

No way. Posion would be sweet. Fun, energetic show by guys who appreciate their fans rather than act like we owe them something for doing us the honor of performing 16  Poison would   be a kickass nostalgia trip by the original band not a cover band. Plus they'd go on at a  decent time ending their show with plenty of time to hit a bar for last call. All in all I think Posion would probably be a better show for for your dollar these days.  I like Gn'R better but if you gave me the option of seeing either show on the same night I'd take Poison at this point. Of course this all gets thrown out the window if Gn'R was actually Gn'R. But I have no desire to see a punk like Axl masqerading as Gn'R anymore.  I honstly think a Poison show would be more enjoyable these days.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I saw Poison a few years back - simple, fun show. Cheap ticket way in the back, nice outdoor concert. Listening to a Poison record is kind of lame but there's many worse ways to spend an evening.

And Bono you misspelled Nacho Cheese once in your post as Macho Cheese - which sounds incredibly gross and messy and just... ew...

Bono

Bono wrote:
Communist China wrote:

And Bono you misspelled Nacho Cheese once in your post as Macho Cheese - which sounds incredibly gross and messy and just... ew...

14 Does sound gross.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

If I say I don't need anyone
I can say these things to you
'Cause
I can turn on any one
Just like I turned on you
I've got a tongue like a razor
A sweet switchblade knife
And I can do you favors
But then you'll do whatever I like

hmmm.....foreshadowing.....

Not really, considering the fact Bret Michaels is more relevant than Axl Rose at this point.

You have to be kidding...dumbest comment you have ever made. Seriously and no disrespect. Gnr and Axl Rose, who last time I checked was in the original version of Gnr as well, still sells way way way way more records a year than Bret Michaels ever will (and Motley Crue for that matter). Axl still has publishing rights that are worth way way way way more than Bret Michaels will EVER make doing whatever it is he fucking does. Dude, you just drew a line in the sand.:headbang::flame::mosh:

and ps, I am quite sure that Motley Crue's last studio album did not sell 2,000,000 worldwide in the first two months of release and I am sure it is not even Gold in the US.

It was meant to be dumb. 13

Board footer